Cogent Biosciences is a biotechnology company developing real solutions to treat genetically driven diseases. With a focus on rational drug discovery and development, we are leveraging validated biology to advance precision therapies designed to address the true underlying drivers of disease and provide real hope for patients. Cogent's lead therapeutic candidate, bezuclastinib (CGT9486), is a precision kinase inhibitor designed to selectively and potently inhibit the KIT D816V mutation. This mutation is responsible for driving a rare and serious condition called Systemic Mastocytosis which can severely impact many different tissues and organs in the body. We are also studying CGT9486 to treat advanced gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST), which have a strong dependence on oncogenic KIT signaling.Our Team
We are looking for motivated synthetic organic chemists to help us progress our small molecule drug discovery projects from inception to IND as we build a robust research pipeline.What You Will Do:
What You Bring:
- Independently lead the design, planning and implementation of laboratory experiments.
- Develop hypotheses based on data and design experiments to test these hypotheses.
- Contribute ideas to advance projects across our pipeline.
- Participate in the vetting of new targets.
- Maintain a high level of familiarity with the current scientific literature.
- Help generate intellectual property as well as scientific presentations and publications.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and is recognized as a scientific driver.
- PhD in Chemistry with 2+ years of experience in medicinal chemistry preferred or MS/BS with 8+ years experience.
- Expert knowledge of scientific principles and concepts.
- Strong technical and synthesis background.
- A high level of independence.