At Syncopation Life Sciences, upending the status quo is in our DNA. We combine a deep understanding of CAR T resistance with a vision of transforming peoples' lives through the development of next generation cell therapies that provide deeper and more durable responses to a growing number of patients.
Syncopation is an exciting biotechnology company founded by Crystal Mackall and Robbie Majzner to develop next generation CAR T cell therapies designed to achieve superior efficacy by pre-empting important drivers of drug resistance. Our lead program includes a differentiated and clinically validated CD22 CAR that is in clinical development for patients with B-cell malignancies. To help move this and other programs forward, Syncopation has brought together a passionate and seasoned team to develop a focused portfolio strategy. Our team is based in San Mateo, California.
Join us to help make a difference.POSITION SUMMARY
Syncopation is hiring a Principal Scientist/Sr. Scientist skilled in T cell immunology and product characterization. The candidate will lead efforts to identify critical quality attributes and conduct deeper analyses of correlations with clinical biomarkers as well as manufacturing process performance understanding.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Process Sciences team and the broader CMC team to develop the cellular starting material and drug product characterization strategies, supporting increased knowledge and understanding of Syncopation's CAR-T products, as related to phenotype, function, potency, and clinical outcomes. The role is based in San Mateo, CA.WHAT YOU'LL DO AT SYNCOPATION
THE RIGHT STUFFPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Act as a leader and subject matter expert for cellular immunology as a product characterization scientist within the Process Sciences group
- Support product CQA correlative strategy in partnership with Translational Sciences, Research, and Clinical; develop study and data analysis plans with particular emphasis on supporting transition into Phase 2/pivotal development
- Design and lead experiments to develop, qualify, and transfer methods to external CDMOs/CROs
- Lead and facilitate assessment of CAR-T product characterization, T cell fitness, and potency, including the development and optimization of FIO in-process testing, evaluation of donor starting material and drug substance and product characterization
- Author analytical reports and support data packages for regulatory submissions
- Collaborate closely with other key functions to enable complex data/decisions within Process Sciences and cross functionally
- Effectively communicate data to internal stakeholders and external partners
- Proactively enable cross-functional collaborations with internal stakeholders, external partners, and consultants.
- Evaluate emerging technologies and platforms for application in product pipeline development
EEO & EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY
- PhD in immunology, cell and molecular biology or related field
- 8+ years of experience in a similar role in the biotechnology industry; experience in the adoptive T-cell therapy field or immuno-oncology will be essential
- Creative problem solver with deep T-cell biology experience and the ability to apply new technologies/analytical tools for driving deeper product understanding
- Experience with T-cell culture and cell-based assay development, including potency, proliferation, exhaustion
- Multiparameter flow cytometry method design and demonstrated application to interrogating phenotype of T-cell subsets and relationship to function/potency
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to effectively prioritize work in a rapidly evolving landscape to deliver results within established timelines
- Ability to work independently and as a part of teams across multiple groups and in critical interactions with Analytical and Process Development, Research, Translational, Clinical
- Experience supporting and authoring Regulatory submissions, as well as generating data sets for inclusion in such submissions
- Experience in working with multidisciplinary teams. Experience working in a small biotech/start up environment is a plus.
- Independently motivated, excel at driving execution, detail oriented, creative approach to problem solving, and adept at working in a fast-paced environment
- Must have interpersonal, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
Syncopation Life Sciences, Inc. is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company. We provide equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Syncopation Life Sciences, Inc. also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requires of applicable law.
Syncopation Life Sciences requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Syncopation, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at a Syncopation site or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or serious medical condition, or because it is prohibited because of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.