Our mission is to restore cell health and resilience through cellular rejuvenation programming to reverse disease, injury, and the disabilities that occur throughout life.
For more information, see our website at altoslabs.com.What We Want You To Know
We want our employees to bring their whole selves to work and be recognized for the talents, perspectives, and unique life and career experiences they bring. We are a culture of collaboration and scientific freedom, and we believe in the values of diversity, inclusion and belonging to spur innovation.Job Summary
An exciting opportunity is available for a Scientist to join Altos Labs. We are seeking highly motivated, creative, and collaborative individuals who are passionate and dedicated about using their expertise to make impactful contributions for unraveling the deep biology of cellular rejuvenation programming to restore cell health and resilience, including basic science, pre-clinical, and clinical-stage programs.Responsibilities
- Engage in ground-breaking and innovative science
- Support and manage internal/external collaborations in one or more multidisciplinary projects to accelerate essential research activities.
- Study the mechanistic basis of cell programming for health and rejuvenation
- Responsible for mentoring graduate students
- Responsible for developing project-specific experimental strategies, techniques, and procedures
- Responsible for helping PI train lab members, including scientists and technicians
- Contribute to writing and dissemination of research results
- Carry out research projects in collaboration with the PI.
- Candidates with strong training in the following fields are preferred:
- Epigenetics and Epigenetic modifications
- Metabolism, including metabolome and adipose tissue/skeletal muscle/liver metabolism
- Stem cell biology, prior experience with animal models is a plus
- Single cell analysis of animal tissues
- Screen platforms, including small molecules, CRISPR/Cas systems, RNAi, etc.
- Gene delivery systems, including enhancing the delivery efficiency of AAVs
- Tissues crosstalk
- Animal disease models
We have multiple Scientist openings are are interested in having people at varying levels of experience. Minimum requirements for the Scientist role include:
- PhD and a documented record of professional achievement in the form of impactful publications.
- Excellent computer skills, including advanced proficiency with Google apps, Excel, and Powerpoint graphic skills to produce documents and manage office projects
- Excellent professional writing skills and the ability to attune through writing and presentations to a variety of audiences including senior executives through entry-level employees
- Problem-solving skills sufficient to identify issues, conduct research, and develop innovative solutions.
- Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with a broad range of people, including staff colleagues, lab members, faculty, outside agencies and collaborators, and the community.
- Demonstrated high productivity and ability to complete work in a timely manner.
- Ability to organize work and set priorities
- Ability to focus on details to produce accurate, quality work driven by deadlines.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and with others in a team.
- Strengths in dealing with ambiguity
Altos currently requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to legally required exemptions (e.g., due to a medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief).
Thank you for your interest in Altos Labs where we strive for a culture of Scientific Freedom, Learning and Belonging.