Juul Labs' mission is to impact the lives of the world's one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world's most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world's best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are looking for a highly motivated Research Associate to join the Chemistry Innovation team. The position is a hands-on, laboratory-based role that will be responsible for helping to biologically characterize JUUL Labs Inc. product and next generation prototypes. In this role, you will perform novel in-vitro experiments to biologically characterize JUUL products to further product research and development activities.
The successful applicant will work closely with a diverse team of scientists and engineers in the JUUL Chemistry Innovation group. We are looking for someone who is flexible, can work independently, and can respond quickly and enthusiastically to challenges and change. Applicants should be detail oriented and able to perform precise biological work including:
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Conduct biological characterization of liquids and aerosols associated with electronic nicotine delivery systems (ENDS)
- Conduct regular, established biological assays to support product development
- Execute SOPs and maintain a record of results
- Hands-on experience in aseptic cell-culture techniques
- Experience with plate-based assays (fluorescence, luminescence, and/or absorbance)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office & statistical software (e.g., Graphpad Prism)
- Self-motivated with strong communication skills
- Excellent data management
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Cell/Molecular Biology, Neuroscience, or related field
- MS with 1+ years of experience or BA/BS with 3+ years of research experience
- A place to grow your career. We'll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
Juul Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Juul Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Juul Labs in the US.