Juul Labs' mission is to impact the lives of the world's one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world's most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world's best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Juul Labs is seeking a Scientist, Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (LC/MS) to not only support the Chemistry and Regulatory Testing team but also regulatory submission(s) for JUUL Labs. The position will be located on site in the new Durham, NC laboratory and will report to the LC LC/MS Group Lead.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Perform routine and non-routine analysis on nicotine containing products by LC, LC/MS or LC/MS/MS.
- Support method development and validation of test methods using LC, LC/MS or LC/MS/MS.
- Perform routine maintenance on analytical instrumentation.
- Review and report data generated by LC, LC/MS or LC/MS/MS.
- Write and review scientific documents in a timely manner. (SOPs, VOPs, and Work Instructions).
- Manage the regulatory testing data and documents systematically in a highly organized fashion.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- BA/BS in Analytical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, or related fields with a focus in LC, LC/MS and LC/MS/MS.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with chromatography-mass spectrometry-based techniques.
- Proficiency with chromatography and mass spectrometry data analysis software such as MassHunter and Chromeleon.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise written documents.
- Ability to communicate issues in a succinct and logical manner.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- High motivation and flexibility.
- Experience in a regulated laboratory environment such as ISO 17025 is preferred but not required.
- ENDS or nicotine related products experience is preferred but not required.
- A place to grow your career. We'll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
Juul Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Juul Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Juul Labs in the US.