Stautzenberger College-Brecksville seeks qualified and enthusiastic applicants for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position as a Practical Nursing Clinical Instructor. The assignment involves teaching courses in Nursing, including fundamentals and medical-surgical, in the Licensed LPN programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide class instruction and lecture equivalent 4 days per week, in accordance with established course outlines and departmental procedures in the areas of theory and clinical/laboratory content.
• Assign, supervise, and evaluate students in the clinical area in accordance with established policies.
• Maintain necessary attendance, scholastic, and student records and submit them in accordance with published deadlines.
• Develop and revise course materials as necessary to assure innovative and creative teaching and learning.
• Assist in curriculum development, implementation, evaluation, and review.
• Communicate and work effectively with students, faculty, staff, and the community.
• Participate actively in all full-time faculty responsibilities, such as committee membership, and other duties as described in the Faculty Handbook and required by contract and District Policy.
• Assist with state accreditation reports and visits.
• Assist in development of policies and procedures in the program and is knowledgeable of policies and procedures
• Assist in planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating the nursing program
1. Associates degree which includes course work in nursing, education or administration
2. Two years of direct patient care experience within the previous five years in the nursing area to which he or she is assigned
3. Teaching experience in an LPN/ RN program, including clinical supervision (preferred)
4. A demonstrated understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse academic, social, economic, cultural, ethnic, and disability backgrounds of Career College students.
5. Experience with computers, computer-assisted instruction, individualized instruction and other technologies used to provide high-quality classroom and laboratory instruction.
Initial salary placement in the current Faculty Salary Schedule depends on education and experience. Benefit package includes employee and dependent medical, vision, dental plans, and life insurance.