Job Description Position Summary
The Reproductive Medicine and Immunology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Clinical Sciences Department at Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science and Rosalind Franklin University Health Clinics is offering a junior faculty/clinical physician position for the Reproductive Medicine and Immunology Program. The position reports to the Director, Reproductive Medicine and Immunology.
This position provides high-quality medical care by examining patients and providing the appropriate treatment as well as participating in education and research in the defined scope. The incumbent conducts include assessing and evaluating symptoms, determining conditions, and providing compassionate medical and surgical treatment or services at Rosalind Franklin University Health Clinic's Center for Reproductive MedicineWho We Are
Rosalind Franklin University Health Clinics (RFUHC), a subsidiary of Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, combines compassionate care with state-of-the-art science to provide patients with the highest quality medical services. With clinics in North Chicago, Libertyville, and Vernon Hills, the physicians of RFUHC are innovators in their fields, offering patients access to the latest discoveries in podiatry, behavioral health and reproductive medicine. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Review records and detailed medical history from the patient, including current physical ailments or illness, past medical history, review of systems, family history, habits, and allergies.
- Determine appropriate diagnosis and prescribes specialized treatment plans and protocols.
- Issue orders for needed lab work and evaluates lab results.
- Provide patient education and counseling, covering health status, test results, disease processes.
- Explain diagnosis and treatment plan to the patient regarding her reproductive illness, its implications, probable outcomes, and prevention.
- Provide discharge planning.
- Write/dictate initial evaluation notes, progress notes, procedure notes, and discharge summaries.
- Complete medical records timely manner.
- Prescribe medications or drugs and provide comprehensive instructions for the administration.
- Request further medical evaluations as necessary and may make referrals.
- Consult with supportive staff regarding relevant cases.
- Provide services for in-office gynecological procedures.
- Participate in scheduled rotating on-call duties.
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned or as required of all medical staff members.
- Supervise midlevel providers, including Nurse Practitioners and physician associates who practice in Reproductive Medicine and Immunology.
Required Education & Experience
- Participate and lead research activities in reproductive medicine and immunology and closely work with clinical laboratory immunology faculties.
- Supervise and educate trainees, such as clinical and research fellows and medical students in the Reproductive Medicine and Immunology program.
- Provide lectureship for the trainees, including medical students and clinical/research fellows, in due course with Chicago Medical School and affiliated programs.
- Attend and participate in the clinical rounds and seminars.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- A graduate of accredited medical school
- Completed at least four years of approved residency training in obstetrics and gynecology in the United States
- Must achieve satisfactory results from a background check
- Must have proof of COVID 19 vaccination with booster or a university approved exemption
- Obstetrics and Gynecology, Board eligible or certified physician.
- Possess active Illinois licensure.
- Have significant experience or training in reproductive immunology.
- Have significant experience or training in gynecological and obstetrical ultrasound imaging, including 3D/4D features
Typical Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- Ability to provide exceptional patient care for a diverse population.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, colleagues, trainees, and staff members.
- Ability and desire to work as part of a team in a busy medical office.
- Work in an educational environment with trainees.
- Experience with an EMR.
- Selected candidate must have the mental and physical capabilities to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
EOE, Including Disability / Vets