The University of Saint Mary is a Roman Catholic, liberal arts university located in Leavenworth, Kansas, just 25 minutes away from Kansas City. For over 90 years, the University of Saint Mary has helped students find their way to meaningful lives and careers through an education that blends the liberal arts and a focus on critical thinking with the development of key professional skills. USM serves about 1,400 students at its main campus in Leavenworth, its satellite location in Overland Park, as well as online. POSITION SUMMARY:
The Division of Natural Sciences and Mathematics is seeking qualified adjunct math instructors to teach a variety of undergraduate courses.
Position will be responsible for teaching one or more of the following courses during the Spring 2022 Semester (January 11 - May 9, 2022):
- MA 134, Quantitative Literacy with Basic Principles; MR 8:00 - 9:50 pm
- MA 135, Quantitative Literacy - Math in the Real World; MR 6:30 - 7:45 pm
- Teach a broad range of mathematic courses.
- Maintain records as required for student attendance, advising and grading.
- Evaluate and revise course content, course materials, and teaching methods as required to maintain high-quality instruction.
- Advise and/or mentor students through electronic communications and other appropriate methods.
- Assess the course and program learning outcomes.
- Support the mission of the University of Saint Mary.
- Master's degree or higher in a field related to mathematics. Will also consider those with 18 graduate level credit hours in mathematics or all-but-dissertation doctoral candidates.
- Ability to teach required course(s).
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Affinity with the Mission of the University of Saint Mary.
Submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for at least three current professional references.
Saint Mary is an Equal Opportunity Employer.