Converse Department of English invites applications for part-time adjunct instructors in English to teach sections of freshman composition (English 101) face-to-face.
These sections run throughout the fall term; classes start August 22 and complete December 1. Job responsibilities:
- Provide students with approved course syllabus and semester calendar; follow university grading and attendance policy.
- Use Converse LMS (Canvas) for posting syllabi, assignments, and student grades.
- Conduct all class sessions in-person unless prior arrangements have been made with chair.
- Grade student work (which may include but is not limited to assignments, quizzes, discussions, and projects) in a timely manner and according to any established rubrics.
- Meet with students as needed (virtually and in person).
- Perform other duties related to administering the course (e.g., attendance verification).
- Adhere to campus public safety directives.
- Maintain a positive, equitable, and supportive classroom environment; hold scheduled check-ins with department contact(s).
Documents that shall be uploaded in the Resume/CV section are:
- Master's degree with at least eighteen credit hours at the graduate level in English.
- Strong communication skills.
- Familiarity with best practices in writing and composition pedagogies.
- Experience as a teacher at the college level (or demonstrable promise thereof).
- Ability to work effectively with students, public, and University community with an appreciation for cultural and group differences.
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of references with contact information
- Transcripts, both undergraduate and graduate. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for initial review; official copies are required for employment.
Apply online at www.converse.edu/employment.
Converse University will require COVID-19 vaccinations for all students, staff, and faculty who are physically present on our campus. As a prospective and/or a new employee at Converse, you will be required to comply with the University's vaccination and other current protocols. Proof of full vaccination must be provided within the first thirty days of start of your employment. Exemptions may be granted on the grounds of religious beliefs or medical circumstances.DISCLAIMER:
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
We believe that a diverse faculty and staff are essential to achieving academic excellence; thus, we strongly encourage applications from candidates from all racial, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.