Tanabe Research Laboratories USA (www.trlusa.com) located in San Diego, California is a cutting-edge biotechnology company dedicated to the discovery and advancement of innovative therapies to treat cancer and other serious diseases. This position is located onsite at our San Diego facility.JOB SUMMARY:
An entry level Research Associate for our Oncology department to conduct biological studies using standard to advanced cell biology and immunological techniques. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct biochemical and immunological assays including ELISA, Western blot etc.
- Maintain cell culture and perform cell-based assays including flow cytometry and cell cytotoxicity assays
- Perform xenograft and tumor measurements in mice
- Organizes and maintains experimental records.
- Records experimental data in lab notebooks and reports findings to appropriate individuals.
- Prepares technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses.
- Communicate proactively with other members of the laboratory and project managers.
- Presents data and findings in group meetings.
- Performs general laboratory housekeeping and adheres to safety procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A BS in a biology-related field such as Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Immunology, Biochemistry, etc. with 0-2 years related experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and hands-on experience in basic laboratory techniques (e.g., buffer preparation, micro-pipetting, microplate-based assays, reagent dilutions, etc.).
- Experience performing routine cell culture techniques
- An analytical mindset, proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and comfort working with instrument platforms
- Ability to multitask with a strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated and flexible with a strong work ethic
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Enjoys "hands-on" laboratory work