*This is a year round open position for ongoing recruitment purposes.ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
Atlanta International School (AIS) is a preschool to grade 12 private, non-profit school with language immersion and International Baccalaureate (IB) Curriculum in the Buckhead area of Atlanta.
Our mission is simple - To develop courageous leaders who shape their world for the better. The core values that drive our school are:
- The joy of learning and purposeful effort.
- Mutual respect and understanding in an intentionally inclusive and intercultural community.
This is a part-time position in the Kaleidoscope Afterschool Program. Afterschool instructors provide a safe, fun, educational environment for children during the critical time between school and parental pick-up. The primary focus in Afterschool is to encourage children to enjoy relaxing and play-based learning and to become self-aware, motivated, and confident. This is accomplished by attentive staff committed to encouraging the child's development by role modeling proper behavior, facilitating and encouraging student inquiry and using positive reinforcement. Instructors are expected to willingly attend training sessions throughout the year. After school counselors are highly motivated leaders with a great team attitude. This opening is for After School care for both our Early Learning Center (3K/4K is a language immersion program where our students are taught in French, German or Spanish) and in the Primary School Grades 5K - 5.Reports to:
Kaleidoscope CoordinatorPOSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Arrive 30 minutes before children arrive, to ensure the site is ready, and activities are prepared.
- Work with students and other staff members to design and implement weekly and monthly schedules and lesson plans.
- Report all injuries, suspicious events, or behavior with appropriate paperwork turned into the Kaleidoscope Coordinator within 24 hours.
- Be involved with children; play actively, show personal attention to individuals, be a positive role model.
- Use only positive reinforcement and program approved corrective behavior techniques.
- Attend at least 10 hours of training a year.
- Maintain the facility by cleaning up after yourself and children, keeping cabinets clean and organized and notifying the director of items that need to be replaced or repaired.
- At least 18 years of age
- Have a High School diploma
- Be able to keep up with physical demands of active children
- Organized, flexible, passionate & dependable
- Able to work well with others on a team, and with variety of personalities
- Leadership qualities self -motivated while being group minded
- Prior experience working with children ages 3 -12
Atlanta International School is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic. The School's current COVID-19 Immunization Proof and Testing policy states that all employees are required to submit proof of COVID-19 immunization or participate in regular COVID-19 testing. Regular testing opportunities are provided by the School on campus. EEO
AIS is an equal opportunity employer. We are a diverse community of professionals that broadly reflects the people of the metropolitan Atlanta area and the United States at large. We aim to align our hiring process with our mission and institutional goals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion or religious practices, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national origin, age, ability status, military status, unemployment status or any other category protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. AIS takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance all qualified candidates.
We will contact those applicants whose skills and experience best match our needs. Due to the high volume of applications, we regret that we are not able to take or return phone calls regarding employment.
Powered by JazzHR