Job Scope & Purpose:
Our newest, emerging partner in the field of mRNA is seeking a Director, mRNA Synthetic Biology to lead and drive their proprietary platform. This team is developing the next generation of mRNA therapies that has increased selectivity and critical applications in oncology and immune-oncology. The ideal candidate will have direct experience within mRNA and molecule biology with enough exposure to computation and delivery teams to help drive success company wide.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Independently design, execute and analyze mRNA studies, lead the team and guide the company's mRNA strategy and Design and construct DNA templates for in vitro transcription
- Work closely with computational biology and LNP teams to deliver on technical milestones
- Work with senior management to expand the company's R&D team
- Stay up-to-date on pertinent literature and prepare technical reports and white papers for internal use
- Assist in I.P. filings and manuscript preparations
- Manage CROs and collaborate with academic partners for external preclinical studies
- Independently design and execute experiments to develop and optimize processes for mRNA synthesis
- Contribute creatively and strategically to assay design, development, and process optimization.
Primary Job Requirements:
- Ph.D. or M.D., plus a minimum of 4 years (post-degree) industrial experience conducting cutting-edge research in Biological Engineering, Molecular Biology or related field
- Deep knowledge of synthetic biology and mRNA therapeutics
- Expertise in RNA vector design, plasmid engineering, in vitro transcription, RNA purification, and transfection in mammalian systems
- Advanced knowledge and significant experience with primer design, DNA isolation, and DNA assembly, and seamless cloning
- Experience with diverse molecular biology and microbiology techniques, including DNA/RNA analysis, DNA, RNA, protein purification, western blot, PCR, qRT-PCR, ELISA.
- Experience with animal studies, mammalian cell culture, and analysis of protein expression and gene reporter systems with various techniques such as confocal microscopy, flow cytometry, cell luminescence, imagine systems, and quantitative data analysis.
- Experience with automation
- Experience with analytical techniques HPLC, MALDI-TOF MS, LC-MS/MS, NMR a plus
Whether you are seeking a career change or simply interested in becoming part of our network, you will appreciate the ethics guiding each Stratacuity team member. We build lasting relationships with exceptional biopharmaceutical talent and take great care to protect your personal information. Upon receiving your inquiry, you may be directly contacted by a Stratacuity team member to discuss your career goals. We will not share your information with anyone without your direct prior consent.
PROVEN SCIENTIFIC PLACEMENT™
Stratacuity is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stratacuity will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact us.