Sanford Federal, Inc. (SANFORD) headquartered in Stafford, VA., is a premier, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned federal professional services company, primarily engaged in providing advanced information technology, cybersecurity, management systems support, as well as business and infrastructure management services.
We are among the most innovative, respected, and ethical providers of technology solutions to the United States government. Our mission is to provide superior quality, innovative, information technology solutions that help federal agencies best aid, serve, and protect the American people.Job Details:
- Position: Medicinal Chemistry Consulting.
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Virginia.
Sanford Federal, Inc is looking to hire qualified personnel to acquire consulting services from executive (senior scientific)-level, industry-experienced drug discovery and development Consultants with expertise in small molecule medicinal chemistry to provide technical guidance.Qualifications And Experiences:
1. A PhD degree in chemistry or medicinal chemistry is required.
2. Minimum of 15 years of medicinal chemistry experience in the biopharmaceutical industry or a combination of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, formal academic drug discovery organizations and professional consulting in this area.
3. Experience in executing and managing drug development tasks, with experience in developing drugs for nervous system conditions preferred but not required.
4. A track record of advancing projects into drug development. Measures of success include patents, Investigational New Drug (IND) applications, publications, and drugs brought to market.
5. Previous experiences in identifying and anticipating problems early in a project, overcoming technical difficulties, and making strategic decisions that make wise use of limited resources (including terminating projects that appear unlikely to succeed) will be considered as signs of a strong track record in drug development.
6. Expertise leading chemistry efforts performed by contract research organizations and managing drug project portfolios.
7. Experience in therapeutics for CNS and pain relief will be considered a plus.Duties And Responsibilities:
1. Offer input on project milestones, target product profiles, and testing funnels.
2. Provide feedback on chemical structures and processes proposed by a chemistry service Contractor for each round of SAR.
3. Evaluate SAR data on a weekly or biweekly basis.
4. Evaluate the potential tractability (including surrounding IP space) of a chemical structure for medicinal chemistry. Specific consulting responsibilities will depend on the expertise of the individual Consultant and the needs of individual projects.
5. In partnership with other Consultants, Contractors, and the NIH staff, advise, strategically plan, and manage medicinal chemistry programs to facilitate exploratory chemistry, hit-to-lead, lead optimization, IND enabling, and clinical studies.
6. Serve as the medicinal chemistry expert to identify potential drug discovery and development challenges and suggest strategies to address these challenges.
7. Collaborate on design of investigative studies in support of NIH drug discovery and development projects.
8. Review Medicinal Chemistry sections of regulatory filings provided by CROs (Contract Research Organizations) or PIs (Principal Investigators).
9. Collaborate on the design of investigative studies in support of development compounds.
10. At the request of program manager, accompany NIH staff on visits to CRO facilities that provide research services to NIH programs including the NIH Helping to End Addiction Long-term (HEAL) and NIH Blueprint Neurotherapeutics Network. Assist NIH staff in inspecting CRO facilities and prepare and submit trip reports to BPN and/or HEAL program managers if requested.
11. Discuss appropriateness of CRO's proposed methodology.
12. Facilitate Lead Development Team discussions via telephone and email regarding assigned medicinal chemistry efforts.Why choose Sanford Federal?
You can take pride in working for a company dedicated to serving our government by providing the best, most cost-effective solutions for the US Government. Our work helps the US Government secure our nation, support the efforts of our military and intelligence communities, and provide lifesaving medical services to our soldiers, vets, and their families.
Please submit your most up-to-date resume and kindly be sure to highlight your relevant experience.
Sanford Federal, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
Powered by JazzHR