The Study Director I in Cancer Biology & Immunology is responsible for managing all phases of in vitro and organoid studies while ensuring all company strategies are implemented and company goals are achieved.RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Provide expertise in areas of design, implementation and analysis of in vitro/organoid oncology/non oncology studies.
- Responsible for reviewing pre-clinical data.
- Provide hands-on technical execution of studies if required.
- Provide study design and effective protocol development.
- Develop, approve, and distribute study-related documents and other study tools.
- Oversee study planning, initiation, and study-closure processes.
- Create metrics, complete data analysis, study reports and presentations.
- Act as key point of contact and facilitate communication across Crown Bioscience departments, providing relevant information.
- Act as key point of contact for Crown Bioscience customers by providing regular updates.
- Review adverse events for safety and effectiveness information.
- Track and report progress of studies.
- Provide quality checks of study plans and reports, assisting QA with the development and implementation of corrective actions for addressing noncompliance issues.
- Maintain familiarity with current literature and trends.
- Prepare and present protocol and general study information to Clients and internal meetings.
- Conduct work activities in compliance with all relevant regulations including ethics, environmental health and safety, financial, human resources, SOPs, and general business policies, requirements and objectives.
WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires a PhD in biomedical science or a related discipline or MS with at least seven years' experience.
- Requires 1-2 years of Post Doc translational biology/oncology experience in a research and/or industry environment.
- Requires significant experience in oncology-related or immune-oncology and/or inflammation related ex vivo 2D/3D assays.
- Experience in a CRO setting and ability to multi-task, manage customer projects, and customer interactions is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams and driving results.
- Strong understanding of oncology target biology and contemporary cell biology approaches to drug discovery.
- Hands on training experience of junior laboratory personnel is a plus.
- Sitting for long periods of time.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Prolonged computer usage.
- Able to lift up to 25lbs.
- BSL-2 Lab Environment.
- Normal office environment.