Job DescriptionSalary: OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Located in San Diego, CA, Shoreline Biosciences, Inc. is focused on changing lives, and was recognized by the California Life Sciences as the Pantheon 2021 award winner for the Strategic Partnership of the Year Award. Join our winning team!
To create safe, effective, and affordable immunotherapies for the treatment of seriously ill patients
Through innovative thinking, intelligent design, and tenacity, we strive to discover and develop clinically effective iPSC-derived allogeneic immunotherapies to save lives.
We strive to create an industry leading culture to maximize the potential of our diverse team. Our Core Values govern everything we do.
TEAMWORK: by collaborating together we can achieve exceptional results
PASSION: we are passionate about helping critically ill patients
INNOVATION: we strive to push the assumed boundaries in all aspects of our business
OPTIMISM: we face every challenge with optimism
INTEGRITY: we speak the truth and conduct business in an honorable way
BELONGING: we are committed to diversity and embrace different perspectives and ideas, creating belonging for allPosition Summary:
Shoreline Biosciences is seeking outstanding and highly motivated candidates to join our growing R&D team at the Scientist I/II level. This position will play a vital role in the translation of our novel cell therapies to the clinic. Specifically, projects will be focused on the development, characterization, and optimization of chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) engineered induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC)-derived Natural Killer Cell platforms. This will be a full-time position located at our corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA. The level of the position and compensation package will be competitive and tailored to the specific level of the candidate.Experience Required:
- Extensive cell culture experience is required. Prior experience with immune cells is strongly preferred.
- Experience with transfection and transduction systems is required.
- Prior flow cytometry data acquisition and analysis experience is required.
- Experience with in vitro assays such as cytotoxicity, proliferation, activation, viability, and survival assays is preferred.
- Prior experience developing and optimizing CAR constructs is preferred.
- Experience is general immunology lab techniques including ELISA, RT-PCR, and Western blotting is preferred.
- Experience with molecular biology techniques including molecular cloning, PCR/RT PCR is preferred.
- Maintaining a high level of data integrity and attention to detail is expected.
- Interpreting data and forming hypothesis-driven decisions will be required.
- Training and management of junior colleagues.
- Ph.D. or equivalent expertise in immunology, cell biology, cell/gene therapy or related field with 0+ years of relevant industry experience; or MS with 5+ years of relevant industry/academic experience.
- 2+ years postdoctoral or industry experience in immune cell biology or cell therapy is preferred.
- A strong academic career with high-caliber publications in peer-reviewed journals is preferred.
- Experience in NK cell biology, CAR-based cell therapy, or related field.
- Deep understanding of cell therapy experimental workflows for assaying in vitro and in vivo immune cell activity.
- Proven ability to lead/manage multiple projects and efficiently produce results and meet deadlines.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a hunger for innovation and excellence are essential.
- The candidate must be self-motivating and creative, able to work within a team, and collaborate proficiently with colleagues to achieve program goals.
- The candidate should communicate effectively with colleagues and management teams and possess exquisite communication skills, both written and oral. The candidate will regularly present their work to the R&D team.
- The candidate should have the confidence to identify problems early and present solutions.
- An appreciation of the importance of data integrity to enable a smooth transition of discovery research into the clinic is essential.
- Technical knowledge of a scientific discipline.
- Understanding of specific scientific mechanisms of why a procedure works.
- Knowledge of information technology and resources relative to lab operations.
- Analyzes data and displays result in a standard format.
- Exercises technical judgment in the interpretation of data.
- Initiates investigations and recommends solutions.
- Prepares or delivers scientific presentations to an internal audience.
- Performs a wide range of specialized, non-routine research assignments and experiments, exercising technical judgment in the execution of specialized procedures with supervision.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit.
- The employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The transition from standing and sitting often.
- Specific vision for this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- This position requires the ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Will require working with cells and cell lines of human and/or animal origin.
- Will require working with hazardous materials.
- Work in and around common laboratory equipment.
- The regular requirements of an office environment (computers, computer screens, workstations, etc.) apply when not working in or around a laboratory environment.
- 100% on-site work at corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA.
- Evening and weekend work, as necessary.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
- For immediate consideration, please apply to email@example.com
- Visit our website to find out more about Shoreline Biosciences: https://www.shorelinebio.com/.
- NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY
EEO Employer: Shoreline Biosciences, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification