Science is an early stage company developing technologies for a range of serious unmet medical needs. We are unafraid to take difficult technical risks, secure in the knowledge that with a clear understanding of what we are doing and with support from powerful modern tools, more progress is possible than might be immediately obvious. Regardless of role or team, the two most important factors we look for in a candidate are evidence of exceptional ability and the addition of positive energy to the group. As a small, very early stage team in a largely unstructured environment, the ability to independently orient yourself to the problems that need to be solved and then follow through is essential.
Science is looking for stem cell scientists enthusiastic about developing new therapeutics on the interface of cell biology and medical devices. Candidates can look forward to helping set up and scale a focused research program in collaboration with a world-class team of scientists and engineers with diverse technical backgrounds. As a very early-stage company, this role is a good fit for candidates who want to become a technical leader and grow with the company. Ideal candidates will have expertise in human iPS cells and developing novel iPS differentiation protocols.Role responsibilities:
- Apply expertise in human iPS cells to develop novel differentiation protocols
- Work with scientists and engineers to develop protocols for cell transplantation
- Work with engineers to develop automation for large-scale production and differentiation of human iPS cells
- Collaborate with the technical team to help develop in vitro systems to model the company's translational needs
- At least 3 years of hands on experience with human iPS cells, organoids, and/or modern cell biology / molecular genetics techniques
- A track record of excellence in your field as demonstrated by publications, patents, success with commercialization or translation, or other notable achievements
- Expertise in growing and reprogramming human induced pluripotent stem cells
- Expertise in genetic manipulation of human cells including viral transduction, CRISPR based gene editing, etc
- Excellent communication skills, thrives working collaboratively
- Things that don't seem impossible at face value are boring
- Expertise in modern flow cytometry techniques
- Experience with high-throughput screening and high-content imaging
- Experience with immunofluorescence and fluorescence in situ hybridization
- Experience with performing and/or analyzing single-cell sequencing experiments
Science Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Science will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.