Job Description DMPK - QWBA COE
The Department of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (DMPK) at Frontage is dedicated to enabling the discovery, development, and commercialization of safe and effective medicines by elucidating the absorption, distribution, metabolism, excretion, and pharmacokinetic properties of drug candidates. We accomplish this through the application of state-of-the-art technologies and sciences of bioanalysis, drug metabolism, and pharmacokinetics. The DMPK group works in close partnership with other disciplines such as medicinal chemistry, pharmacology, toxicology, pharmaceutical sciences, clinical pharmacology, and regulatory to optimize leads, select clinical candidates, conduct preclinical development studies, support clinical evaluation, and contribute to IND and NDA filings.Position Summary:
The Quantitative Whole-Body Autoradiography (QWBA) Center of Excellence (COE) within DMPK is seeking a highly motivated entry-level candidate to perform hands-on laboratory responsibilities necessary for conducting QWBA studies.
Under general supervision this individual will be responsible for specimen processing, cryosectioning, and phosphor imaging operations for assigned studies. This position will involve heavy manual labor with the potential to work standing up for 6 or 8 hours at a time while performing cryosections on pre-clinical specimens. They will work as a member of our QWBA COE and will be responsible for performing a variety of methodologies with guidance from senior team members. The individual selected for this position will receive the following training:
- Handling radioactive compounds and samples.
- Operation of instrumentation such as the Leica CM3600XP Cryomacrocut, PhosphorImagers, liquid scintillation counters, oxidizers, and the MicroComputer Imaging Device (MCID).
- Conducting QWBA studies using radiolabeled compounds.
- Performs specimen processing, cryosectioning, and phosphor imaging operations for assigned studies.
- Uses liquid scintillation counters and sample oxidizers to generate data for QWBA studies.
- Ensures all laboratory operations and record-keeping are of high quality and compliant with Frontage SOPs or other applicable regulations.
- Ensures that all studies are conducted in a timely manner while maintaining the highest integrity and quality of data.
- Maintains analytical and other laboratory equipment in excellent working condition.
- Maintains well documented instrument notebooks: such as recording all maintenance, repairs, and upgrades.
- Effectively conduct numerous tasks and projects simultaneously to meet internal and external deadlines while maintaining organizational integration within the DMPK team.
- Maintains well documented study records in appropriate notebooks per Frontage SOPs.
- Conducts studies in compliance with Frontage SOPs, DMPK guidelines, study protocols, and study specific methods.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures when operating laboratory equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the laboratory, department, and organization
Skills and Abilities:
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Experience operating a Leica Cryomacrocut is highly desirable.
- The ability to stand on your feet for up to 6-8 hours
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Ability to work within specified timelines.
*The posted position and stated qualifications are the desired minimum. Individuals who meet some but not all of the minimum requirements are also encouraged to submit a job application if amendable to manual labor, training, and working with radioactive compounds and laboratory animals.
Frontage Laboratories Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.