Highly motivated scientist with extensive experience in preclinical immunology research for the infectious disease and related ailments. Discover and evolve project molecules from screening efforts at project inception to the characterization of the final IND candidates. The successful candidate will support preclinical pipelines, enabling decision making for advancement of drug discovery and projects development. Primary responsibilities include designing and implementing in vitro and in vivo studies for early-stage preclinical research, and interacting with multiple diverse teams, CROs and collaborators to guide the development of novel therapeutics, as well as to analyze and deliver data to project teams. The candidate is expected to generate and interpret experimental data and compose reports in a concise and highly organized fashion.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the in vitro and in vivo immunology studies to evaluate the activities of vaccine or immune modulator drug candidates, investigate their mechanisms of action, and develop novel immunotherapies for infectious disease and related ailments
- Prepare scientific reports for functional review and project teams.
- Prepare, review, and deliver scientific presentations for internal/external use.
- Maintain knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theories, and apply to the design, execution, and interpretation of experiments.
- Collaborate with the multiple functional teams to assess and understand a variety of immune interventions for infectious diseases and related ailments.
- PhD or equivalent in immunology or a related discipline with 3-5 years of post-PhD experience in a discipline of biological sciences (i.e., Immunology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Bioanalytical or a related field), preferably with industry experience
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the immunologic principles underpinning disease states associated with chronic viral infection such as innate and adaptive immune response, and immune tolerance
- Strong expertise in in vitro and in vivo assay development to support/lead the identification/optimization efforts in physiologically relevant disease models
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional groups and external partners/CROs in a matrix team environment
- Solid track record of completing challenging technical problems independently and creatively, exemplified by publication of research in high-impact scientific journals
- Must possess outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written in English, with the ability to deliver scientific information and proposals to audiences at different levels and functions
- Problem Solving --Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Reasons when dealing with emotional issues.
- Interpersonal Skills- -Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Communication-- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs.
- Leadership-- Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Ethics-- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Strategic Thinking-- Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment-- Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Initiative-- Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation-- Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Brii Biosciences is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for team members from all backgrounds.