POSITION SUMMARY/CLASS DESCRIPTION
BRIEF DESCRIPTION: A variety of instructional classes are offered throughout the county such as: knitting, photography, calligraphy, guitar, fine arts, cooking, dance, music, financial management, and others.
* To teach, organize and supervise an instructional class in specific area of expertise for active aging adult section.
* Oversee use of facilities.
* Keep records of class attendance.
* Communicate clearly with supervisors, other staff, park/school/center staff and participants.
* Maintain excellent customer service, positive relationship with participants, co-workers and general public.
* Responsible for safety and welfare of the program and participants.
* Assist with marketing and distribution of marketing materials for programs.
* Inspect areas and equipment used for programs on an as needed basis for potentially hazardous or unsafe condition.
* Adhere to all Department policies and procedures.
* Report accidents and/or property damage to the Recreation Manager as soon as possible. Complete and submit accident and incident reports to supervisor in a timely manner.
* Wear nametag at all times during the program.
* Attend mandatory in-service trainings and other meetings as required
* Sufficient skill in a specific area;
* Ability to develop a teaching plan for a diversified group of people,
* Ability to demonstrate skills and to communicate directions effectively.
EXPERIENCE: At least one year experience in specific program area. Experience working with adults age55+ is preferred.
EDUCATION: Possess experience pertaining to the specific skill.
RATE OF PAY:Contingent - Professional
$15.00-$30.00 per hour
Salary commensurate with education and experience.