Part Time Clin Lab-Blood Bank 201 E University Pkwy Allied Health/Clinical Professional Night Shift with rotating weekend .20 * Job Summary
* Performs a variety of routine and special laboratory procedures in one or more laboratory sections. Evaluates and reports results for use in patient diagnosis and treatment. * Minimum Qualifications
* Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or a related science, or Associate's degree in Medical Laboratory Technology or a related science (or equivalent: 60 semester hrs including 24 semester hrs of medical lab technology, or 60 semester hrs including 24 hrs of science that includes 6 hrs chemistry, 6 hrs biology and 12 hrs chemistry, biology, or medical lab tech in any combination plus laboratory training that includes either completion of a clinical lab training program or 3 months training in each specialty in which high complexity testing is performed). *
* No experience required. *
* ASCP or equivalent certification preferred. *
* Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Verbal and written communication skills. Basic computer skills preferred. * Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards, and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations. * Maintains inventory supply; stocks and maintains neat, orderly work area. * Operates and maintains laboratory equipment in areas of assignment; troubleshoots problems; and validates and documents information as required per standard protocol. * Participates in multi-disciplinary quality and service improvement teams. Participates in meetings and on committees and represents the department and hospital in community outreach efforts. * Participates in surveys, conducts established quality control of procedures, evaluates results, implements corrective action when indicated, and ensures accuracy of test results. * Performs a wide variety of routine and special procedures following prescribed protocol and using manual or automated methods; calculates and reports results as established; consults with pathologist regarding difficult analysis or abnormal findings. * Performs other duties as assigned. * Prepares and evaluates statistical data, cost analysis, and daily tallies for monthly reports. * Prepares, evaluates, and labels reagents, media, etc., per procedure. * Processes specimens ensuring accuracy of identification; confidentiality of information; and appropriate preparation, storage, and transportation; may perform specimen procurement as required. * Sets up and evaluates new procedures; performs comparison studies for linearity, precision, accuracy, etc.; and determines normal ranges. * Trains new employees and students. Instructs others in new procedures; evaluates and documents performance.