West Virginia University Research Corporation is currently accepting applications for a Director of Carbon Management Intitiative with the Research Office.
About the Opportunity
As Director of Carbon Management, you will work with faculty and campus leaders to expand on WVU's research foundations and innovative interdisciplinary undergraduate and graduate training to develop a nationally recognized center with efforts in carbon capture, biological and geological storage, carbon utilization, alternative fuels, net-zero technologies, as well as policy development. The mission of the Center for Carbon Management is to guide West Virginia and the nation towards a net-zero carbon future that benefits the regional and national economy and leverages our existing assets.
This position allows for flexibility in work location, including potential hybrid or remote work / work from home options. Travel to the WVU Campus may need to occur based on organizational needs throughout the year.
At WVU Research Corporation, we strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU Research Corporation offers a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to suit your needs:
* 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
* 403(b) retirement savings with a fully vested 3% employee contribution match, (Employees have the option of contributing an additional 1-3% of their earnings to the plan, which is also matched by the WVURC)
* A range of health insurance and other benefits
* Dependent Education Scholarship
* WVU Perks
* And More!!
What you'll do:
* Work with campus researchers and university leadership to define the highest priority areas for investment and to craft a comprehensive vision for the Center for Carbon Management.
* Strengthen existing partnerships and develop new partnerships with industry, other universities, federal laboratories and federal agencies. The focus will be on fundamental developments and the initial laboratory-based scaling of those successes for transition to industry.
* A graduate degree in a relevant science field.
* At least 7 years of post-graduate experience.
* Familiarity with DOE national labs, programs, and program sponsors.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Experience managing large, interdisciplinary efforts.
* Evidence of teamwork in dynamic, multicultural settings.
* Experience in building partnerships between universities, national labs, and industry.