Ott Scientific The Ott Scientific family of companies comprises Polysciences, Bangs Laboratories, and Ethos Biosciences. Together, we bring the whole of our experience with best-in-class facilities and scientific, technical, analytical, and manufacturing capabilities to serve customers around the globe. We deliver highly specialized products and services that support scientific discovery and innovations. Polysciences Polysciences technical operations and scientific laboratories offer custom synthesis, contract manufacturing and packaging, and laboratory products. We are proud to offer a broad range of products and tailored solutions for the life sciences, bioprocessing, microparticles, medical device, specialty chemical and eChem industries. We adhere to ISO13485:2016, FDA cGMP 21 CFR 820 regulations, and SOCMA's ChemStewards Management System. We believe the best scientific innovations are built through collaborations.
- SP Our specialty products business unit designs, replicates or refines formulations, optimizes analytical methods and develops scalable production processes of fine chemicals with a range of applications, such as biocompatible polymers and polymer precursors for medical devices, bioresorbable polymers for drug elution systems, high-end specialty industrials, energetic additives, and hard-to-find chemicals. We're looking for a Process Equipment Engineer to deliver safe, efficient, and commercially viable scale-up production processes that grow Polysciences business, by designing &installing process equipment, conducting safety & environmental reviews, and completing commissioning & validation activities. This candidate will have the following deliverables:
- Lead equipment selection, purchase, installation, and start- up of technology transfer scale up projects within multiple business units. This includes working directly with R&D teams/personnel for the transfer of data/design, processes and technical specifications for implementation into large scale manufacturing operations.
- Interact directly with all stake holders (including operations, facilities, sales, R&D, Process engineering, customer, contractors, etc) on the design, selection, and installation of process scale up equipment to meet customer and business time and budget expectations
- Investigate opportunities for equipment improvement within departments looking specifically to increase accuracy and efficiency. This may encompass work flow evaluations as well as equipment evaluations.
- Develop capital project documentation as required.
- Author and execute IOQ documents and equipment related SOPs for validations and assist in developing and delivering training to engineers, operators and supervisors.
- Provide leadership in process safety ensuring all new and modified processes meet best management practices within the industry.
- Provide technical assistance/expertise to maintenance and operations personnel on equipment troubleshooting and repairs.
- Provide leadership in standardization of process equipment in management of equipment inventory.