An outstanding opportunity exists for an accomplished academic leader to join RMIT Vietnam as the Deputy Dean Engagement in our School of Business and Management based at our HCMC campus.
RMIT University is the Asian hub of RMIT University. RMIT Vietnam is leading the way in creating an innovative research, teaching and learning culture. It is committed to providing internationally recognised high-quality education and professional training for its students, clients, and members of the community.
The School of Business and Management at RMIT Vietnam is closely affiliated with the College of Business and Law at RMIT University Melbourne and has established a world-class reputation for excellence in business and management education, providing high quality, industry responsive programs relevant to the national and global marketplace.
The largest of three Schools at RMIT Vietnam, the School of Business and Management (SBM) has around 8000 enrolled students and 150 staff and delivers eight undergraduate Bachelor programs, three post-graduate programs and two PhD (HDR) programs, across both campuses, HCMC and Hanoi.
The Deputy Dean Engagement, SBM is accountable for providing strategic and academic leadership as well as management and buildings management, consistent with RMIT's strategic plans and objectives. The primary role is to develop Engagement for the school and to contribute at a senior level towards the strategic planning and development of the school. The role will also involve strategic overview of the Hanoi campus for RMIT.
The Deputy Dean has a key role within the school that needs the provision of leadership and strategic direction for Business, Industry and Government representing the school's academic disciplines. The role has engagement, training and research leadership and oversight roles for all the School for Executive development, training, and vocational teaching areas. The Deputy Dean works closely with the Dean of School, relevant discipline-related Heads of Department, Program Managers and Major Coordinators and internship staff for SBM in Vietnam, Associate Deputy Vice Chancellor concerned with Strategy and Engagement for the College in Melbourne and both internal and external stakeholders associated with Campus management in Hanoi. The Deputy Dean has a dotted reporting line to the Deputy Vice Chancellor Global Development and there will be interaction with Deputy Vice Chancellor Vocational Education - both RMIT Melbourne, to report on Hanoi campus activity and manage the development for vocational, training, and executive courses offered by the school, respectively. The position is responsible for assuring quality in these areas and relevance within the University policies and external compliance requirements.
The Deputy Dean Engagement is supported by an Executive assistant, Senior Program Manager Engagement (report) and from Heads of Department assisted by the relevant Program Managers/Major Coordinators and the School's professional staff, who take responsibility for student-related matters and who can support such vocational, training and development engagements.
The Deputy Dean Engagement is a member of the School Executive Team and is required to work with all members of the School Leadership Team and with staff across the school in a collaborative manner to ensure that the school achieves its strategic objectives. Key selection criteria
Benefits for successful applicants:
- Strong leadership skills, commercial acumen, and experience in initiating, leading, and managing academic teams and projects in a collegiate environment to deliver strategic objectives.
- Demonstrated understanding of university systems regarding student planning, budget management, quality maintenance, buildings management and good governance.
- Demonstrated capacity to think strategically and to act tactically based on organizational priorities and objectives.
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills including the ability to consult with senior executives, develop contracts with external bodies, government, and service providers.
- Produce executive reports, negotiate agreed directions, outcomes, and targets within a collaborative environment.
- Ability to lead and contribute to cross-disciplinary and cross-sectoral teams. Significant experience in providing Engagement leadership and expertise that contributes to improved student and client outcomes and generates third stream income.
- Substantial record of academic, research and professional achievement in an area relevant to a recognized business discipline, and the capacity to exercise academic leadership that enhances the standing of the school nationally and internationally.
- Demonstrated strong commitment to vocational as well as learning and teaching quality, research development, as well as industry and community engagement.
- Highly competitive USD/VND salary for both local and expatriate candidates plus allowances and benefits.
- Head of Department allowance in addition to package.
- Expatriate candidates: Generous relocation allowance plus flights for you and your family. School tuition fee support of up to US$15,000 per child per year
- Private insurance coverage for staff and family; plus, annual health check-up
- An experienced Mobility and Relocation Advisor to support you with work permit process and resident cards for you and your family.
- Vietnamese candidates: 13th month Tet bonus + private medical insurance + annual health check.
- Free on-site gym facilities plus variety of well-being and fitness classes available to staff.
- Access to extensive international online library and resources
- Undergraduate education fee support for dependents after a two-year qualifying period.
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0 with no band under 6.5
- As an expatriate candidate please note that you will require a work permit to be employed in Vietnam. To qualify for a work permit you will need a PhD qualification and you will need to be able to demonstrate at least 5 years of tertiary education managerial and leadership experience.
Initial enquiries and requests for further information may be directed in confidence to Esther Walker, Manager Talent Acquisition and Mobility at firstname.lastname@example.org Applications Close:
19th July, 2022 11.59 pm