An outstanding opportunity exists for an accomplished academic leader to join RMIT Vietnam as the Deputy Dean of Research and Innovation in our School of Business and Management based at our HCMC campus.
RMIT University is the Asian hub of RMIT University. RMIT Vietnam is leading the way in creating an innovative research, teaching and learning culture. It is committed to providing internationally recognised high-quality education and professional training for its students, clients and members of the community.
The School of Business and Management at RMIT Vietnam is closely affiliated with the College of Business and Law at RMIT University Melbourne and has established a world-class reputation for excellence in business and management education, providing high quality, industry responsive programs relevant to the national and global marketplace.
The largest of three Schools at RMIT Vietnam, the School of Business and Management (SBM) has around 8000 enrolled students and 150 staff and delivers eight undergraduate Bachelor programs, three post-graduate programs and two PhD (HDR) programs across both campuses, HCMC and Hanoi.
The Deputy Dean Research & Innovation, SBM is accountable for providing strategic and academic leadership and management, consistent with RMIT's strategic plans and objectives, to Research & Innovation and for contributing at a senior level to the strategic planning and development of the school.
The Deputy Dean R&I has a key role within the school that needs the provision of academic leadership and strategic direction for research fellows and assistants, research clusters, research hubs, HDR programs, research collaborations and overseeing/monitoring research grants, staff development in research that comprise a distinct academic discipline. The role has oversight for all School research activities.
The Deputy Dean Research & Innovation works closely with the Dean of School, relevant discipline-related Program Managers and Major Coordinators, Research Clusters, Hubs and Research Office in Vietnam, Associate Deputy Vice Chancellor Research & Innovation and Director of Research Services for the College, and Deputy Vice Chancellor Research and Development (and VP) and their office for RMIT Melbourne, to manage the development and strategy for research in the school. The position is responsible for assuring research performance quality and relevance within the University policies and external compliance requirements.
The Deputy Dean R&I is supported by the school Executive assisted by the relevant HDR Coordinator, Program Managers/Major Coordinators and the School's professional staff who take responsibility for project-related matters.
The Deputy Dean R&I is a member of the school Executive team and is required to work with all members of the school leadership team and with staff across the school in a collaborative manner to ensure that the school achieves its strategic objectives for Research. Key selection criteria
Benefits for successful applicants:
- Strong leadership skills and experience in initiating, leading, and managing academic teams and projects in a collegiate environment to deliver strategic objectives.
- Demonstrated understanding of university systems regarding student planning, budget management, quality maintenance and good governance. Demonstrated capacity to think strategically and to act tactically based on organizational priorities and objectives.
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills including the ability to consult with senior executives, external bodies, produce executive reports, negotiate agreed directions, outcomes, and targets within a collaborative environment.
- Ability to lead and contribute to cross-disciplinary and cross-sectoral teams. Significant experience in providing research leadership and expertise that contributes to improved research outcomes.
- Substantial record of academic, research and professional achievement in an area relevant to a school discipline, and the capacity to exercise academic leadership to enhance the standing of the school nationally and internationally. Demonstrated strong commitment to research development and quality, industry and community engagement.
- Highly competitive USD/VND salary for both local and expatriate candidates plus allowances and benefits.
- Head of Department allowance in addition to package.
- Expatriate candidates: Generous relocation allowance plus flights for you and your family. School tuition fee support of up to US$15,000 per child per year
- Private insurance coverage for staff and family; plus, annual health check-up
- An experienced Mobility and Relocation Advisor to support you with work permit process and resident cards for you and your family.
- Vietnamese candidates: 13th month Tet bonus + private medical insurance + annual health check.
- Free on-site gym facilities plus variety of well-being and fitness classes available to staff.
- Access to extensive international online library and resources
- Undergraduate education fee support for dependents after a two-year qualifying period.
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0 with no band under 6.5
- As an expatriate candidate please note that you will require a work permit to be employed in Vietnam. To qualify for a work permit you will need a PhD qualification and you will need to be able to demonstrate at least 5 years of tertiary education managerial and leadership experience.
Initial enquiries and requests for further information may be directed in confidence to Esther Walker, Manager Talent Acquisition and Mobility at email@example.com Applications Close:
19th July, 2022 11.59 pm