Remote, USA or UK
At Wiley, we welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and embrace individuals who get excited about learning whether online or by book. Learning is for everyone, and so is our workplace. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion. It's in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
The Interdisciplinary Brands team at Wiley has an opening for an Assistant/Associate Editor to manage and grow journals in the Current Protocols portfolio. We seek an enthusiastic candidate with a Ph.D. or equivalent experience, in cell biology, stem cell biology, genetics, or a related discipline. Familiarity with computational methods is a plus.How you will make an impact:
We are looking for people who:
- Serve as managing editor, in charge of commissioning targets for external (mostly academic) editors, coordinating special issues, and maintaining high quality editorial boards.
- Act as a facilitator, as well as the primary liaison, between authors, reviewers, and editors for all phases of the article workflow, including commissioning, submission, peer-review, production, and promotion.
- Serve as developmental editor, performing in-depth review of protocol manuscripts for clarity, completeness, and presentation.
- In collaboration with the Publisher and colleagues, work on initiatives to improve the author, reviewer, and editor experience and workflows.
- Facilitate and support miscellaneous and journal-specific projects within the Interdisciplinary Brands team.
- Networking: represent the portfolio within the researcher community, including travel to scientific conferences and editorial board meetings.
- Have a Ph.D. or equivalent experience in the fields mentioned above and an affinity for laboratory protocols
- Can communicate effectively in discussion and in writing, and can engage with internationally renowned editors and authors
- Are highly self-motivated, achievement- and team-oriented with good time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Have excellent command of the English language
- Demonstrate interest in the Science, Technology and Medicine (STM) journals publishing market. Knowledge of peer-review, scientific community, publishing trends, and competitors is highly desirable
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology, globalism and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. As a learning business, Wiley makes meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their career. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers. The company's headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Australia, and Canada.
Wiley is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants and treat all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
When applying, please attach your resume/CV and a cover letter to be considered.