Job DescriptionSalary: About Akoya Biosciences:
As The Spatial Biology Company®, Akoya Biosciences' mission is to bring context to the world of biology and human health through the power of spatial phenotyping. The company offers comprehensive single-cell imaging solutions that allow researchers to phenotype cells with spatial context and visualize how they organize and interact to influence disease progression and response to therapy. Akoya offers a full continuum of spatial phenotyping solutions to serve the diverse needs of researchers across discovery, translational and clinical research via its key platforms: PhenoCycler™, PhenoImager™ Fusion and PhenoImager HT.Position Summary
We are looking to hire a Research Associate candidate to join the Workflow Development Group within the dynamic and team-oriented R&D Department in Menlo Park, CA. This individual will help develop protocols and methodologies to implement key automated workflows for use with Akoya platforms under the direct supervision of the group lead. Core responsibilities for this individual include executing experiments, analyzing data and presenting conclusions to the broader group, and validating quantitative image analysis routines. This role involves significant bench-work and experiment execution. A variety of techniques and methodologies will be used, including fluorescence microscopy, DNA-hybridization assays, and others. A successful candidate for this position will have strong computational skills, as well as experience with microfluidics, immunofluorescence and/or immunohistochemistry, or DNA technology development. This candidate would ideally have experience in a multi-disciplinary setting with a proven track record of team collaboration to deliver on a complex technical need.Duties & Responsibilities:
Skills & Requirements:
- Perform high throughput immunohistochemistry (IHC) and immunofluorescence (IF) staining and imaging of tissue sections.
- Develop workflow procedures for Akoya related platforms.
- Execute analytical experiments to measure and quantify biological material and fluid transfer during workflow steps.
- Perform fluorescence microscopy analysis and optimize settings for antibody stained tissue samples.
- Validate image analysis routines to assess quality of staining and imaging
- Keeps accurate and detailed records of experiments and results and assists in identifying and troubleshooting of unexpected results.
- S. in biomedical engineering, biological sciences, or related field
- Experience with fluorescence microscopy, immunohistochemistry, and immunofluorescence.
- Experience with scripting and developing quantitative image assessments is a plus.
- Familiarity with the following fields: microfluidics, cancer immunotherapy, microscopy, immunology, and oncology.
- Familiarity with the following techniques/methodologies: antibody conjugations, DNA-based hybridization assays, antibody-based assays (IHC, IF, Western blot, ELISA), RNA-based assays.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team towards team and corporate goals
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects with evolving priorities and deadlines.
Akoya Biosciences, Inc. proudly offers equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.