Job DescriptionJob Description
If you're a dedicated, enthusiastic, experienced heating/ventilation/air conditioning professional
, preferably with teaching experience, who believes in the power of sharing your knowledge, motivating others, and putting students first, we want to hear from you!
We're looking for a talented HVAC diploma program instructor to join the team at our Nashville Campus on a full-time basis. The right candidate must have experience in residential and commercial systems and must be EPA certified. This individual will report to the Program Chair.Essential Duties/Responsibilities:
- Educates and trains students in his or her field of expertise using accepted and approved instructional methodology.
- Prepares lesson plans using industry-standard approaches (e.g., multimedia, adult learning methodology).
- Teaches courses as assigned, instructs and evaluates students, develops students' skills and encourages growth, and tracks their attendance, performance, and grades.
- Participates in various administrative activities (e.g., attends faculty/staff meetings or in-service meetings).
- Participates in graduation ceremonies, as assigned.
- Participates regularly in continuing professional development activities.
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Performs the job on site when required. Remote work is appropriate when onsite work is not required. Subject to change if superseded by Human Resource policy regarding remote work.
- A technical certificate or degree (must be EPA certified).
- At least four (4) years of related practical work experience in residential and commercial HVAC systems.
- Previous teaching experience highly desired.
- Superior language ability/interpersonal communication skills.
- Solid logic/reasoning ability and organizational skills.
- Good word processing/spreadsheet/Internet skills.
We offer a competitive salary, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, disability, life, vision, 401K, and flexible spending accounts, for full-time employees.
Company DescriptionInvolved in What Really Matters
A community-first focus allows us to help those who make our school successful and cultivates an awareness of the skills that are needed to help our neighbors thrive.