Job Scope & Purpose:
Our Cambridge-based biotechnology startup partner is on a mission to create therapies for diseases inaccessible to existing approaches. We are seeking an exceptional Machine Learning Scientist to gain insight into RNA sequence, structure, and function and advance our high throughput discovery platform.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Train, optimize, and evaluate machine learning models to enhance RNA design.
- Use model interpretation tools to shape experimental strategies that leverage NGS related approaches.
- Work with RNA biologists and bioengineers to acquire datasets to improve the performance of our machine learning models.
- Develop and maintain version-controlled code with software best practices.
- Aid in processing, analyzing, and interpreting high dimensional NGS data.
- Effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical collaborators. Identify core challenges, evaluate tradeoffs, and incorporate feedback to make decisions.
- Mentor associates and engineers.
Primary Job Requirments:
- PhD in Computer Science, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics or a related field, preferably, with application in RNA Molecular Biology (exceptional non-PhD scientists are welcome to apply!).
- Minimum of 3 years' research experience in developing machine learning models for molecular biology applications.
- Working knowledge in designing, evaluating and tuning CNNs, RNNs and MPNNs(GNNs) and VAEs as well as shallow tree-based models.
- Comfort with semantic/neural representations of biological sequences.
- Experience working with Machine Learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, PyTorch, JAX, sklearn.
- Experience in Python/R programming, UNIX command line, bioinformatic toolkits, and version control systems (e.g. git).
- Demonstrated quantitative and scientific thinking as evidenced by a strong publication record.
- Goal-oriented and organized with excellent project management skills. Can collaborate on execution of multiple, parallel studies with internal and external partners. Able to prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner.
Whether you are seeking a career change or simply interested in becoming part of our network, you will appreciate the ethics guiding each Stratacuity team member. We build lasting relationships with exceptional biopharmaceutical talent and take great care to protect your personal information. Upon receiving your inquiry, you may be directly contacted by a Stratacuity team member to discuss your career goals. We will not share your information with anyone without your direct prior consent.
PROVEN SCIENTIFIC PLACEMENT™
Stratacuity is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stratacuity will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact us.