Job DescriptionSalary: About Akoya Biosciences:
As The Spatial Biology Company®, Akoya Biosciences' mission is to bring context to the world of biology and human health through the power of spatial phenotyping. The company offers comprehensive single-cell imaging solutions that allow researchers to phenotype cells with spatial context and visualize how they organize and interact to influence disease progression and response to therapy. Akoya offers a full continuum of spatial phenotyping solutions to serve the diverse needs of researchers across discovery, translational and clinical research via its key platforms: PhenoCycler™, PhenoImager™ Fusion and PhenoImager HT.Position Summary:
We are looking to hire a Research Associate candidate to join the RNA Team within R&D Department in Menlo Park, CA. This individual will work within a dynamic and fast paced team to explore new chemistries and imaging techniques for multiplexed detection assay development. This role involves significant benchwork and experiment execution. The ideal candidate will have experience in a subset of the following fields: oligo hybridization assays, qPCR, PCR, UV/Vis spectroscopy, fluorescence microscopy, tissue preparation and data analysis. Core responsibilities for this role include experiment setup and execution, buffer generation, data analysis and protocol troubleshooting. This candidate will work closely with other team members to develop key RNA methodologies. We are looking for motivated and creative individuals who have at least two years of experience in a relevant field. It is critical that this individual is flexible and team-orienting. Finally, this candidate would ideally have experience in a multi-disciplinary setting with a proven track record of collaboration with other team members to deliver on a complex technical need.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Skills & Qualifications:
- Perform core oligo hybridization experiments.
- Troubleshoot experiment designs for optimization of key parameters.
- Generate buffers and reagents according to work instructions.
- Execute analytical experiments to measure and quantify biological material and fluid transfer during workflow steps.
- Slice and/or procure tissue sections: both FFPE and Fresh-Frozen.
- Perform fluorescence microscopy analysis.
- Collaborate with other members of the RNA Team, Software Group and the broader R&D Organization.
- B.S. or Masters in chemistry, biological sciences, biochemistry or related field.
- 2-4 years of experience in biotechnology sector.
- Experience with fluorescence microscopy.
- Experience with RNA ISH, qPCR, PCR and UV/Vis spectroscopy
Akoya Biosciences, Inc. proudly affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.