As a Medical Assisting Instructor, you'll support Bryan University's mission to help our students liberate their innate greatness by providing an educational experience where each student has the opportunity to fulfill their potential for intellectual and emotional growth. We are specifically seeking candidates with recent experience working in the industry as a Medical Assistant or in a similar role. Previous teaching experience is preferred but not a requirement. This is an adjunct/pay-per-class position.
This is a remote position and we can consider candidates residing in the following states: AL, AZ, GA, ID, IN, FL, MD, MO, MT, NJ, NV, OR, PA, TN, SC, TX, and UT.Responsibilities of the Medical Assisting Instructor:
- Instruct assigned courses within the designated program
- Host bi-weekly live sessions via Zoom in each course
- Maintain a flexible schedule that accommodates office hours and 1:1 meetings to provide an excellent student experience.
- Provide students with timely information and feedback on their academic progress relative to quizzes, tests, homework, and projects.
- Conduct outreach to increase engagement with at-risk students.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date records of student academic and attendance performance and submit final grades in accordance with university policy.
- Actively participate in meetings, training programs, and professional development as required.
- Remain current with developments within the area of instructional responsibility.
- Other duties as required by the Faculty job description, SOPs, and other university policies.
- Preferred: Master's Degree in Healthcare Administration, Allied Health Management, Public Health, Medical Science or related field required
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Allied Health or related field
- 3 + years of Medical Assisting experience
- Having some of the qualifications below is preferred:
- CCMA, CMAA certification
- CMA (AAMA), RMA certification
- Previous experience teaching online is preferred
We believe in challenging the boundaries of traditional education and in liberating the innate greatness in people! We know that online learning is the best option for students looking to transform their lives. We offer career-focused degree programs that empower BU grads with the knowledge and practical skills that lead directly to professional careers.
BU has been recognized as one of the Top Companies to Work for in Arizona for the past 6 years in a row.Pay Range:
Adjunct, Pay Per Class