ABC Testing - Irvine, CA
Instrumentation Laboratory Associate
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS:
• Performs all analysis in a timely fashion maintaining a high level of quality.
• Performs preliminary sample preparation. • Actively participates in Quality Control tests on proficiency samples.
• Participates in relevant ISO QA/QC activities and maintain documentation.
• Participates in analytical work in other areas of the Instrumentation Department, such as instrument set up for HPLC, GC, ICP, IC and LCMSMS.
• Submit accurate and timely report results on completed analysis.
• Using digestion and extraction techniques, prepares extracts for further analysis.
• Provides routine care and maintenance for instruments. This includes washing glassware, refrigerators and equipment.
• Maintains a clean laboratory environment.
• Maintains ISO QA/QC system records related to analytical work and instrument maintenance.
• Identifies results that require further investigation or discussion with Department Manager/Supervisor.
• Plans and performs work so as to meet deadlines and expected turn-around times
• Learns new techniques and technologies as appropriate.
• Stay up-to-date on new regulations and current events regarding food science.
• Participates in work in other areas of the Instrumentation Department, such as Gas Chromatography and Liquid Chromatography.
• Works effectively with other members of the department
and with other departments.
• BS degree in the Sciences or Chemistry and appropriate industry specific experience.
• Good conceptual basis in chemistry with proven ability to perform basic chemistry techniques.
• Critical thinking - using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Excellent organizational skills - ability to use your time, energy, resources, etc. in an effective manner.
• Time management - one's own time and the time of others.
• Training - teaching and guiding others how to complete a process from beginning to end.
• Strong relevant qualitative and quantitative skills.
• Excellent arithmetic skills - using mathematics to solve problems.
• Good communication skills - speaking, reading, writing and listening.
• Manual dexterity.
• Ability to distinguish colors.
• Ability to stand for prolonged periods.
KEY POSITION COMPETENCIES TO BE MEASURED:
• Attention to Detail • Initiative
• Team Player