This position requires the ability to perform and independently interpret protein purification experiments. The successful candidate will be tasked with duties in biochemistry, including affinity and FPLC chromatography, SDS-PAGE, Western Blot and spectrophotometric analysis. This position will also include data entry and general lab maintenance.
- Perform routine, bench-scale protein purifications following standard work instructions.
- Perform necessary quality control experiments, including SDS-PAGE, UV/Vis Spectroscopy and Western Blot.
- Prepare buffers, reagents and other materials necessary for experiments.
- Handles documentation needed for project validation and research quality control; keep an updated laboratory and database record with project details and information.
- Ensures lab cleanliness and safety by maintaining equipment and technician attire, and keeping all samples properly labeled and stored.
- Maintains common lab supply stocks as needed.
- Performs internet searches to gather relevant information, record and present any relevant findings in a manner pursuant to facility protocol.
- Bachelor's plus 3 years' experience, or Master's degree plus 1 year experience in biological sciences or equivalent.
- Ability to calculate molar solutions, use a micropipette, follow written procedures precisely.
- Knowledge of basic protein purification principles and protein analysis techniques is preferred.
- Good communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills are essential
- Quarterly Bonuses
- 401k with company match
- Medical/Dental/Vision health insurance plans
- Vacation and paid holidays
- Lunch and snacks provided weekly
BPS Bioscience is an equal opportunity employer, without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.