Job DescriptionSalary: OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Located in San Diego, CA, Shoreline Biosciences, Inc. is focused on changing lives, and was recognized by the California Life Sciences as the Pantheon 2021 award winner for the Strategic Partnership of the Year Award. Join our winning team!Vision
To create safe, effective, and affordable immunotherapies for the treatment of seriously ill patientsMission
Through innovative thinking, intelligent design, and tenacity, we strive to discover and develop clinically effective iPSC-derived allogeneic immunotherapies to save lives.Core Values
We strive to create an industry leading culture to maximize the potential of our diverse team. Our Core Values govern everything we do.
TEAMWORK: by collaborating together we can achieve exceptional results
PASSION: we are passionate about helping critically ill patients
INNOVATION: we strive to push the assumed boundaries in all aspects of our business
OPTIMISM: we face every challenge with optimism
INTEGRITY: we speak the truth and conduct business in an honorable way
BELONGING: we are committed to diversity and embrace different perspectives and ideas, creating belonging for allPosition Summary:
Shoreline Biosciences is seeking outstanding and highly motivated candidates to join our growing R&D team at the Senior Research Associate level. This position will report directly to the Director of Immunology and will play a vital role in the translation of our novel cell therapies to the clinic. Specifically, projects will be focused on the development, characterization, and optimization of induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC)-derived Natural Killer Cell and Macrophage platforms. This will be a full-time position located at our corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA. The level of the position and compensation package will be competitive and tailored to the experience level of the candidate.Experience Required:
- Experience in cell culture, particularly immune cells and pluripotent cells, cell transfection and transduction.
- Experience in Flow Cytometry is highly preferred.
- Experience with differentiation of human stem cells to various types of immune cells is highly preferred.
- Experience in developing cell therapy manufacturing processes, or experience in developing cell therapy products, especially in natural killer cell therapy.
- Knowledge and experience of cell therapy and the assessment of cell therapies in animal studies.
- Maintaining a high level of data integrity and attention to detail is expected.
- Training and management of junior colleagues.
- Bachelor's degree in Immunology, Cancer biology, Stem Cell biology and Biomedical Engineering or relevant scientific discipline with 3+ years relevant industry experience; or MS with 2+ years relevant industry experience.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivating and creative, able to work within a team and collaborate proficiently with colleagues to achieve program goals.
- Technical knowledge of a scientific discipline.
- Understanding of specific scientific mechanisms of why a procedure works.
- Knowledge of information technology and resources relative to lab operations.
- Analyzes data and displays results in standard format.
- Exercises technical judgment in interpretation of data.
- Initiates investigations and recommends solutions.
- Prepares or delivers scientific presentations to an internal audience.
- Performs a wide range of specialized, non-routine research assignments and experiments, exercising technical judgment in execution of specialized procedures with supervision.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit.
- The employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Transition from standing and sitting often.
- Specific vision for this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- This position requires the ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Will require working with cells and cell lines of human and/or animal origin.
- Will require working with hazardous materials.
- Work in and around common laboratory equipment.
- The regular requirements of an office environment (computers, computer screens, workstations, etc.) apply when not working in or around a laboratory environment.
- 100% on-site work at corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA.
- Position does require overtime and weekend work as necessary.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
For immediate consideration, please apply to email@example.com
Visit our website to find out more Shoreline Biosciences: https://www.shorelinebio.com/.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY
EEO Employer: Shoreline Biosciences, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification.