Job DescriptionSalary: OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Located in San Diego, CA, Shoreline Biosciences, Inc. is focused on changing lives, and was recognized by the California Life Sciences as the Pantheon 2021 award winner for the Strategic Partnership of the Year Award. Join our winning team!Vision
To create safe, effective, and affordable immunotherapies for the treatment of seriously ill patientsMission
Through innovative thinking, intelligent design, and tenacity, we strive to discover and develop clinically effective iPSC-derived allogeneic immunotherapies to save lives.Core Values
We strive to create an industry leading culture to maximize the potential of our diverse team. Our Core Values govern everything we do.
TEAMWORK: by collaborating together we can achieve exceptional results
PASSION: we are passionate about helping critically ill patients
INNOVATION: we strive to push the assumed boundaries in all aspects of our business
OPTIMISM: we face every challenge with optimism
INTEGRITY: we speak the truth and conduct business in an honorable way
BELONGING: we are committed to diversity and embrace different perspectives and ideas, creating belonging for allPosition Summary:
Shoreline Biosciences seeking an ambitious scientist to join our R&D team at the Research Associate / Senior Research Associate level to help us build a culture of innovation and achieve our ambitious goals. This position will report directly to the Principal Scientist of Macrophage Cell Therapy and will play a vital role in the development of next-generation iPSC-derived Macrophage therapies. This candidate will lead the characterization of iPSC-Macrophages, developing novel molecular tools to control Macrophage activation, phenotype, and performance in vitro and in vivo. This will be a full-time position located at our corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA. The level of the position and compensation package will be competitive and tailored to the specific level of the candidate.Responsibilities:
- Large-scale production of iPSC-Macrophages.
- Perform basic immunotherapy techniques (ELISA, flow cytometry, microscopy, RT-PCR, and Western blot).
- Characterize iPSC-Macrophages using advanced flow cytometry techniques.
- Virus packaging and management.
- Cell line engineering and management.
- Assay validation and optimization.
- BSc or MSc in Immunology or a related field is required.
- Specific level will be determined based on qualifications and years of industry experience.
- Experience working with cell therapies is preferred.
- Knowledge of immunology, macrophage biology and/or immunotherapy.
- Proficiency working efficiently and multitasking in a dynamic detail-oriented research environment.
- Demonstrated track record of high-integrity data management and analysis.
- Accurate, clear, and concise communication of observations to the team.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit.
- The employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The transition from standing and sitting often.
- Specific vision for this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- This position requires the ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Will require working with cells and cell lines of human and/or animal origin.
- Will require working with hazardous materials.
- Work in and around common laboratory equipment.
- The regular requirements of an office environment (computers, computer screens, workstations, etc.) apply when not working in or around a laboratory environment.
- 100% on-site work at corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA.
- Evening and weekend work, as necessary.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
- For immediate consideration, please apply to email@example.com
- Visit our website to find out more about Shoreline Biosciences: https://www.shorelinebio.com/.
- NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
EEO Employer: Shoreline Biosciences, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification.