Research Associate - Protein SciencesJob Description:
Reaction Biology (RB) is a private pharmaceutical research company. We provide contract research services to over 1500 clients worldwide through our labs in Malvern, PA and Freiburg, Germany.
We are currently seeking a Research Associate for our Malvern, PA facility. We are looking for a reliable and motivated individual with a strong science background to join a team involved in protein production. The opening is a bench position with primary duties in protein expression and purification procedures for recombinant proteins.Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute a variety of protein expression and purification procedures for recombinant proteins.
- Prepare reagents and culture media
- Analyze expression via protein analytical skills (small-scale purifications SDS-PAGE).
- Maintain well-organized record-keeping of growths and accurate and detailed documentation of processes
- Troubleshoot various procedures as issues arise during the course of an experiment
- Maintain laboratory space, equipment, and inventory in an appropriate and professional manner
- Be attentive to detail, proactively plan, and organize and carry out tasks in an accurate and timely fashion
- Work on other tasks as directed by management
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in biology or related discipline
- Ideal candidate would have demonstrated proficiency in a lab setting
- Previous experience with protein purifications and protein analytical techniques is desired
- Attention to detail and organization skills are critical
- Collaborative and proactive attitude with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexibility to accommodate to rapidly changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
Finally, all employees are obligated to meet the highest standards with respect to honesty, accuracy, conflict of interest, intellectual property rights, confidentiality and respect for information sources and readers.
Benefits at RB include health insurance, 401-K plan, student loan benefit, and paid vacations. RB is an equal opportunity employer.