The Centrum R&D Brand
team objectives are to deliver and execute key innovation projects from concept to launch for Centrum, to develop robust formulations and finished products that delight our consumers and address their unmet needs, and to act as subject matter expert.
The Principal Development Scientist
will act as champion and role model for driving performance while developing new product innovation/formulations, having various levels of involvement and leadership. She/he should have expertise in various areas of formulation development including solid / semi-solid / liquids and food dosage forms. She/he needs to demonstrate GSK values and consumers are at the heart of all her/his actions and decisions. We are looking at a candidate who is eager to learn, agile, who knows how to build relationships and has an inclusive mindset. The successful candidate will demonstrate good communication skills and the ability to coach and mentor junior staff.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following: Execution Powerhouse
- Leads multiple projects in support of Brand Innovation strategy. Exercises a wide degree of technical sophistication in accomplishing assigned objectives.
- Designs experiments and carries out scientific work with an awareness of state-of-the-art technology. Creates research plans to fit overall project objectives.
- Ensures all work is conducted in accordance with written procedures (e.g. quality and safety), methods & batch documents, etc.
- Identify, challenge, develop and implement written procedures (e.g. quality and safety)
- methods & batch documents, etc.
- Produces or contributes to, departmental quality documentation (including SOP's, batch documentation, validation protocols & reports).
- Specific safety and quality responsibilities for department and site (e.g. GMP, Audits, Health & Safety).
- Ensures that internal staff are working and maintaining labs in a safe manner and that housekeeping is maintained
- Deliver all EHS standards and expectations on site and within the laboratories
- Works with Outsourcing Leader and/or Senior Development Scientists and contractors
- facilitate completion of outsourced support activity
Consumer and Customer-Obsessed
- Drives awareness of scientific literature to assist work progression and understanding.
- Highlights own training needs and working with manager develop a training plan and achieve training goals.
- Trains self and others in new technology and laboratory responsibilities (including coaching, mentoring and elements of personal development).
- Lead a development team for technical guidance, mentoring, performance, and hiring of key talent to support the needs of the business
- Deepens and expands knowledge of regulations impacting areas of work (e.g. EP/USP/ICH)
- Collaborates strongly within cross-functional partners to deliver innovation programs
- Engages in consumer engagement research to understand the category and needs
- Leads consumer-driven innovation development with Consumer Understanding and Sensory scientists
- Maintains precise experimental records; issues report at project milestones; writes invention records to protect scientific discoveries.
- Ensures that team is highly motivated. Encourages presentation of work and participation in events for professional exposure and to promote presence and pride in CHR&D. Timely recognition of accomplishments and excellence in job performance, development opportunities, etc.
- Ensures all work is always conducted following good scientific practice and Good Manufacturing Practice (where required).
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
- Flexes priorities to remain focused on objectives in rapidly changing circumstances.
- Takes responsibility for specific equipment in accordance with site procedures.
- Participates and may lead in general problem solving or lead problem solving initiatives
- May have line management for assigned resources and reviewing performance, etc.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Nutritional or related science
- Experienced in successful formulation and/or product development to launch
- Experienced in applying scientific principles and techniques to assigned projects
- Experienced and proficient in connecting consumer needs to product development
- Experience in and with deep knowledge of R&D development processes and associated commercial environment
- Experience with formulation development in foods, confections, gummies, etc.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
Why Consumer Healthcare?
- Master's Degree or PhD in Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Nutritional or related science
- Clear communicator in both oral and written form with both internal departments and external organisations
- Proven demonstration to take initiative, think and work independently, problem-solve, work effectively in teams, and multitask
- An ability to organise and report study data from internal and external sources
- Flair for creativity and innovation
- Understanding of statistics and its application to experimental work
Right now, we're on an incredible journey as we prepare to become the first independent, 100% focused consumer healthcare company. We're doing this at a time when the work we do has never mattered more. Better everyday health is about improving the health and wellness of the consumers that we touch every year - over a billion and a half of them - and it goes beyond products. It's about truly helping people manage their health proactively in different ways as consumer needs evolve. With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we're uniquely placed to do this and to grow a strong, successful business. This is an exciting time to join us and help shape the future. It's an opportunity to be part of something special.Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
In Consumer Healthcare we embrace our diverse workforce by creating an inclusive environment that celebrates our unique perspectives, generates curiosity to create unmatched understanding of each other, and promotes fair and equitable outcomes for everyone.
We're striving to create a climate where we celebrate our diversity in all forms by treating each other with respect, listening to different viewpoints, supporting our communities, and creating a workplace where your authentic self belongs and thrives.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.