Come and join our collegiate team. You will be working with a range of staff providing proactive administrative support including organising events.
You will have:
- experience of providing effective and efficient administrative support
- a proven track record in identifying and resolving issues
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- the ability to respond quickly to situations that need resolution whilst meeting challenging time scales
- a proven track record of providing outstanding customer service
- excellent time management and organisational skills and the ability to manage your own workload effectively to meet business requirements
- good inter-personal skills, the ability to build effective and credible working relationships and be a strong team-player
- up-to-date MS Office skills.
In return we offer :
- a contributory pension scheme
- 20 days holiday rising to 24 after 4 years plus 8 bank holidays and 6 additional holidays (closure days)
- subsidised health and fitness facilities on-site; cycle to work scheme
- a range of discounts which include restaurants, retail outlets and entertainment.
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture at the University and creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. Our flexible working practices, including a hybrid working model, where employees can split their working time between the office and home, support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our institution as well as our people.
We believe equality and diversity are fundamental to making the University of Southampton a vibrant, proud and successful organisation. A diverse workforce, with people from different racial, educational and social backgrounds and a range of ages, opens up a wealth of possibilities for Southampton.
Further information about the role can be found within the job description and the FOS core services document attached.
This role is being offered on a full-time, permanent basis.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.