We have a range of opportunities within our Payroll and Pensions Team, all key to the effective delivery of this vital function at the University of Bristol, one of the top 3 largest employers in the city.
Finance Services is one of our biggest professional services divisions, with 18 different teams in total. Finance Operations is the engine room of many transactional services: the payment of invoices, paying our staff and supporting our finance and HR systems. The Payroll and Pensions team play an essential role within the division and ensure 10,000 University staff are paid each month. This team of 20 not only ensure that payments are made correctly and on time, but we also administer and support University staff on our pension schemes.
We are going through an exciting transformation, with a programme of change to improve processes, systems, ways of working for the better and to future proof the service. We are reviewing our end-to-end processes, use of technology and our structure so we can be even more efficient and consistently deliver excellent results for our customers.
These changes mean new opportunities have emerged as we expand and strengthen our team, and our newly appointed Head of Payroll and Pensions is looking for colleagues to join us on this journey.
Joining us will give you access to competitive salaries, excellent staff benefits, a generous annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays and fixed closure days), and access to pension schemes as well as training and development opportunities. The University is currently trialling a blended working policy which offers excellent flexibility on officed based and home working for staff.What will you be doing?
You should apply if
- Working in our processing team you will be responsible for ensuring staff are paid accurately and on time each month
- Using excellent accuracy and problem-solving skills you will work to process a mixture of routine, and more complex payroll tasks alongside an employee-facing team
- You will provide a high level of customer service and deal with enquires from staff and external contacts, as well as liaising with other teams at the University such as HR, Finance and IT
- There will be the opportunity for involvement in the systems and process improvement work as part of the future development of the team and to make the service as effective as possible
- You have previous experience working in a processing team on a high-volume payroll using attention to detail and excellent numerical skills
- You can work methodically and are able to plan and prioritise a busy workload with strict deadlines
- Using logical thinking you can handle a range of complex queries and with your own knowledge you can solve these, or know when to escalate if needed
- You have good knowledge of Microsoft packages including Excel and can quickly pick up the use of new payroll systems such as MyERP
- Communication and customer service is important to you, and you can use these skills to deal with a range of people in both written and verbal formats with discretion taking account of confidentiality
For informal queries please contact:
Jo Hayman, Team Leader email@example.com
Tom Hally, Team Leader firstname.lastname@example.org As we expand our Payroll and Pensions team, we are also recruiting to some other roles which may be of interest. Please follow the links below to find out more information and the link to apply.Deputy Head of Pensions and Payroll SUPP108401 - https://www.bristol.ac.uk/jobs/find/details/?jobId=277707&jobTitle=Deputy%20Head%20of%20Payroll%20%26%20Pensions Pension Officer (part time, 14 hours per week) SUPP108211 - https://www.bristol.ac.uk/jobs/find/details/?jobId=277703&jobTitle=Pensions%20Officer
We welcome applications from all members of our community and are particularly encouraging those from diverse groups, such as members of the LGBT+ and BAME communities, to join us.