Job Title: Dean, Corporate Training & Economic Development
Location: Green Bay
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 602518
Qualifications *Department: *Learning
*Reports To: *Vice President, Learning
*FLSA Status: *Exempt
*Amount of Travel Required: *Day-8/month; Overnight-2/month
*Salary Grade: *G
*Position #: *01000069
*Positions Supervised: *Manager of Corporate Training and Economic Development,* *Operations Manager of Corporate Training and Economic Development Coordinator of Center for Entrepreneurship, Strategic Partnerships Manager, Digital Marketing Specialist, Public Safety Training Coordinator, Project Manager Virtual Skills Academy
*LOCATION: *Green Bay
*STANDARD HOURS: *40 hours per week. Typical hours Monday - Friday 8:00 am -5:00 pm; Flexibility required to include other evening and/or weekend hours, as necessary.
*SALARY RANGE: *$113,268 - $138,438.30 per year
*Salaries/Wages for all finalists (internal and external) will be based upon education, experiences, current wages, and internal equity.
*Required online application available on website: *[www.nwtc.edu/jobs](
*The College is seeking to attract ethnically diverse instructors and staff who can inspire our increasingly diverse student population. *We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design, and deliver solutions. We value the ability to serve students from a broad range of cultural heritages, socioeconomic backgrounds, genders, abilities, and orientations. Therefore, we seek applicants who demonstrate they understand the benefits of diversity in a higher education community. Consideration will be given to equity-minded individuals committed to collaborating with faculty, staff, administration, students, and community partners who are also committed to closing equity gaps. *You belong here. See why you will love working at *[NWTC](
*POSITION SUMMARY *Provide visionary leadership in the strategic engagement and alignment of the department in achieving the mission, vision, values and strategic priorities of the College. Also provide visionary leadership in product development, quality instructional and assessment practices for the incumbent workforce, and collaborative partnerships within the community. Serve as a member of the Learning and Senior Leadership Team.
*ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS **Reasonable Accommodations Statement *
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the functions identified in the job description. *Essential Functions Statement(s) *
* Develops annual sales plan in support of organizational strategy and objectives.
* Directs implementation and execution of sales policies and practices.
* Ensures communications are coordinated, supports sales plan objectives and meets organizational expenditure requirements.
* Recommends sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analyses.
* Builds, develops and manages sales team capable of carrying out needed sales and service initiatives.
* Provide inspirational leadership to the design, development, and implementation of department policies, procedures, programs, and initiatives that drive the College s strategic directions and support customer satisfaction.
* Create an environment of open, honest dialogue focused on empowering employees throughout the department.
* Develop and articulate a clear vision and direction that utilizes innovation and creativity to maximize opportunities for improvement and growth for the department, division, and College and that align with strategic initiatives of the College and student success.
* Lead capital and operational planning, budgeting, and resource allocation efforts to maximize efficiency and a state of the art learning environment.
* Build collegial relationships with senior leaders throughout the organization and insure high internal customer satisfaction experiences with the department.
* Foster an environment which values the diversity of ideas and people; attract and retain a culturally diverse workforce.
* Collaborate with program Deans to ensure compliance with State, Federal, district, and programmatic accreditation requirements and to ensure a safe learning environment.
* Develop and manage strategic partner relationships with technology suppliers, business and industry, government agencies, community organizations, and other secondary and post-secondary educational institutions
* Evaluate the needs of business, industry and the communities served; develop and implement appropriate programs to support the needs.
* Engage work teams in collaborative and strategic planning discussions with the learning division to foster program development activities for incumbent workers including specific skill based training, professional development and seminars.
* Foster and engage in strategic partnerships with community and government agencies and business and industry to maximize revenue opportunities.
* Participate in the Learning Leadership and Senior Leadership Teams to provide input on academic and leadership policy, programs and other matters related to the College.
*POSITION QUALIFICATIONS **Competency Statement(s) *
* Values - Demonstrate behaviors and action that support the College s values - Customer Focus, Everyone Has Worth, Passion and Inspiration, Collaboration, Emotional Intelligence, Results and Accountability, Valuing Talent and Well Being, and Ethics.
* Student Success Demonstrate behaviors and actions that support student recruitment, retention, and student success initiatives.
Diversity-Oriented- Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, ethnicity, race, religion, disability, socio-economic background, or job type.* Change Management - Ability to encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.
* Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
* Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
* Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers needs while following company procedures.
* Financial Aptitude - Ability to understand and explain economic and accounting information, prepare and manage budgets, and make sound long-term investment decisions.
* Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
* Management Skills - Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others.
* Strategic Planning - Ability to develop a vision for the future and create a culture in which the long range goals can be achieved.
* Team Builder - Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
*SKILLS & ABILITIES **Education: *Master's Degree
*Experience: *Five years occupational experience outside the field of education, and three years supervisory experience in sales is required.An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered. *Cultural Competence:* Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and sensitivity to and understanding of a diverse community of college students, faculty, and staff. *NWTC welcomes candidates who currently possess the desired skills and experience and are committed to learning and growing. *Computer Skills *Microsoft Office Suite *Other Requirements *Must hold a valid driver s license and be insurable under the District s standard insurance policy terms.
*PHYSICAL DEMANDS **Physical Demands *
Handling / Fingering
Reach Above Shoulder
Squat or Kneel
10 lbs or less
N (Not Applicable)
Over 100 lbs
N (Not Applicable)
12 lbs or less
*N (Not Applicable) *
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
*O (Occasionally) *
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
*F (Frequently) *
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
*C (Constantly) *
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
The College has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the College may deem appropriate.
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact Talent and Culture.
NWTC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or other protected classes. Inquiries regarding the College s nondiscrimination policies may be directed to the Chief Officer for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at (920) ###-#### or ...@nwtc.edu.
Associated topics: business, capital, commercial, economics, market, estate, insurer, pricing, valuation, wholesale