N/A This is a hybrid position based in Marlborough, MA.Diversity - Innovation - Caring - Global Collaboration - Winning Spirit - High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we'll give you the opportunity to harness all that's within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we'll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you'll be supported in progressing - whatever your ambitions.About the role:
The Sourced Finished Medical Device (SFMD) organization at Boston Scientific is a global, passionate team that oversees a diverse network of suppliers which manufacture finished devices for BSC distribution. The Senior Supplier Quality Engineer will demonstrate a primary commitment to patient safety and collaborate with cross-functional internal/external resources to continually improve our supplier's manufacturing processes. In this role, you will support SFMD products within the Endoscopy division with a primary focus on capital equipment.Your responsibilities include:
- Evaluates and communicates quality issues to suppliers and applies sound, systematic problem-solving methodologies in identifying, prioritizing, and resolving quality issues. Reviews and approves supplier corrective action plans and verification of effectiveness documentation.
- Proactively assesses supplier capabilities through direct on-site visits and technical discussions. Coordinates the evaluation of proposed changes at suppliers.
- Plans and leads supplier audits to assess compliance with regulatory standards and Boston Scientific requirements, including audit scheduling investigation, and evaluation of audit observation and findings, reporting, follow-up, and confirmation of follow-up actions.
New Product Development:
- Lead the execution of SFMD quality deliverables and collaborate with cross-functional new product development teams to onboard finished medical device suppliers.
- Generate and review quality plans, agreements, product specifications, component qualifications, design verification/validations, and process validations.
Quality System Champion:
What we're looking for in you:
- Collaborates with corporate and regional supplier quality organizations on policy, procedure, and guideline development. Includes generation, review, and implementation of these documents.
- Identifies and advises management on potential improvements to quality systems and processes in the company.
- Champions 100% compliance to company policies and SOP's.
- BS degree in engineering or technical field with minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in medical device, automotive, aeronautical, semiconductor, or other regulated industry.
- Experience with capital equipment or electronics including product development, servicing, and repair.
- Project management: ability to influence cross functional global teams spanning Quality, Operations, R&D, and Sourcing.
- Experience in process validation, design controls, risk management, CAPA, SCAR.
- Ability to work independently; organized and self-driven.
- Articulate communicator; adept at packaging and appropriately scaling information to the intended audience.
- Ability to rapidly learn and use new software applications (e.g., PLM, ERP).
- Domestic and international travel up to 25%.
- 7+ years of medical device engineering experience preferred.
- Leadership experience on a materials or service commodity team.
- Lead auditor of quality systems experience (ISO 13485 or similar).
- ASQ certification (CQE, CBA, SSGB, SSBB) strongly desired.
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most - united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do - as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn't just business, it's personal. And if you're a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Please be advised that certain US based positions, including without limitation field sales and service positions that call on hospitals and/or health care centers, require acceptable proof of COVID-19 vaccination status. Candidates will be notified during the interview and selection process if the role(s) for which they have applied require proof of vaccination as a condition of employment. Boston Scientific continues to evaluate its policies and protocols regarding the COVID-19 vaccine and will comply with all applicable state and federal law and healthcare credentialing requirements. As employees of the Company, you will be expected to meet the ongoing requirements for your roles, including any new requirements, should the Company's policies or protocols change with regard to COVID-19 vaccination.Nearest Major Market:
Boston Job Segment:
Quality Engineer, Medical Device Engineer, Compliance, Senior Quality Engineer, Engineering, Legal, Quality