NYU Steinhardt Department of Music and Performing Arts Professions (MPAP) Vocal Performance Program seeks qualified candidates to teach Musical Theatre Workshop and Coaching. Appointment to begin Fall 2022 with potential for renewal on a semesterly basis thereafter. More information about the Vocal Performance Program can be found at https://steinhardt.nyu.edu/programs/vocal-performance.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Teach musical theatre workshop classes to graduate and undergraduate students.
- Provide individual coaching for students preparing recitals or entering the field.
- These courses require:
- Aiding students in selecting and learning material from different eras of musical theatre adhering to the composers intent and the performers ability.
- Continue, promote, and improve process oriented practices established in earlier course work that secure the truthful and authentic communication of text and embodiment of character by means of tools, reflective study and exploration.
- Knowledge and foresight of the industry and the ability to assist the student in exploring how they can establish practices and set goals that will lead them to success.