Health Sciences Assistant/Associate/Full Clinical Professor
Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
The University of California, San Francisco School of Nursing Department of Physiological Nursing, is seeking qualified individuals for a part-time to full-time appointment as a Health Sciences Assistant/Associate/Full Clinical Professor for the Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AG ACNP) Specialty. Faculty will participate in the education and training of students at both the Master of Science and Doctor of Nursing Practice graduate levels. The selected candidate will be appointed at the level of Assistant, Associate, or Full rank in the Health Sciences (HS) Clinical series depending on their qualifications and experience.
Major faculty responsibilities include teaching Advanced Practice Nursing students using variable teaching modalities including in-classroom, online, and hybrid methodologies, skills lab/simulation, and clinical setting with a focus in the adult and geriatric patient populations requiring complex care.
The position may incorporate a variety of roles of variable percentage, within teaching, clinical practice, service, and creative activities:
* For teaching, the faculty will supervise, teach, and evaluate students in the classroom, skills lab, simulation, clinical and community settings; develop course materials for management of adults with complex care needs across acute care settings; participate in AG ACNP curriculum development; contribute to the identification and develop clinical placements and inpatient clinical resources; and provide academic advisement for students.
* For clinical practice, the faculty will maintain an active part-time clinical practice and supervise cohorts of AG ACNP students across acute care settings. The faculty will hold a primary role in preceptor development training at the clinical sites.
* For service, the faculty will attend AG ACNP faculty meetings and Department/School/Campus committees as assigned consistent with the weighting of the faculty appointment; contribute to professional, community, and academic organizations at the University of California at Department/School/Campus levels.
* For research/creative activities, the faculty will participate in the dissemination of clinical knowledge and educational innovations through peer reviewed presentations and/or manuscripts.
Education/Licensure/Qualification - Minimum (required):
* Doctorate in Nursing Practice, Doctorate in Education, Doctor of Philosophy, or enrollment in a relevant doctoral program with a trajectory towards completion by January 2023.
* Current or eligibility for Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, and Nurse Practitioner Furnishing license issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
* National certification as an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (ACNP) or as an Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (i.e., American Nurses Credentialing Center).
* Two (2) or more years of clinical experience as an ACNP or AG ACNP in an acute care setting (i.e., inpatient, emergency department, clinical decision unit) at the time of appointment.
* Applicant's materials must list (pending) qualifications upon submission.
Additional qualification - Ideal (desired):
* Two (2) or more years of teaching experience at the time of appointment. This may include but it not limited to clinical precepting of advanced practice nursing students, advance practice nursing fellows, and advanced practice nurses.
* Experience with hybrid / online teaching.
* Evidence of teaching excellence in the classroom and/or the clinical setting.
* Strong communication, writing, and interpersonal abilities.
* Proficient user of Microsoft Office, Adobe products, and Electronic Health Records.
* Participation and/or leadership experience in national professional organizations.
* Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
* Cover Letter
* Statement of Teaching
* Provide key publications and syllabi of courses taught, if applicable
* Statement of Contributions to Diversity
* Contact information for three (3) references
To receive full consideration, please submit all materials by the initial review date. However, this position will remain open until filled. Please apply online at: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03817.
For additional information, please contact Rosalie Bravo, Search Committee Chair, at Rosalie.Bravo@ucsf.edu.
* Curriculum Vitae - CV must clearly list current and/or pending qualifications (e.g. board eligibility/certification, medical licensure, etc.).
* Cover Letter
* Statement of Research (Optional)
* Statement of Teaching
* Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details: https://diversity.ucsf.edu/contributions-to-diversity-statement
* Key Publications and Syllabi of Courses Taught - Provide key publications and syllabi of courses taught, if applicable
* 3 required (contact information only)
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy found here: https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/SARS-CoV-2_Covid-19.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
San Francisco, CA