Research Instructor in Psychiatry
University of Pittsburgh, Department of Psychiatry
Pittsburgh, United States
The and are seeking a full-time PhD scientist who will contribute to research in the area of adult mental health.
The incumbents responsibilities will include:
- Conducting and supporting research that focuses on the neurobiological substrates of complex human cognitive functions, and on how alterations in these substrates give rise to cognitive dysfunction in pediatric populations.
- Contributing to lab management, including project logistics.
- Performing all research activities in accordance with all university, federal, and other applicable guidelines governing the appropriate conduct of research.
The search committee will primarily be looking for demonstrated experience in:
- Contributing to collaborative neuroscience or related research.
- Participating in planning and conducting research projects and writing research papers.
- Providing educational training instruction in lab procedures.
Successful candidates will join a vibrant and highly interactive research community with a long history of excellence in basic and translational neuroscience research.
- PhD in Neuroscience, Psychology or related field
- Demonstrated interest in psychiatry research (e.g., as shown through peer review publications).
- Success in authoring original research and review articles in refereed journals. The quality of the journals themselves and the position of authorship will be considered.
- Demonstrated research skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Flexibility and ability to work in a rapidly changing/growing educational institution
Our Department seeks to be an inclusive and safe space for all who work here. We value diversity and are committed to rectifying longstanding inequities within research and academia. Thus, women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
At the University of Pittsburgh Department of Psychiatry, we excel in our mission to:
- provide superb behavioral health services to our patients and their families;
- pursue the development of better diagnostic techniques and therapeutic interventions through innovative research;
- provide a stimulating learning environment for medical and graduate students, residents, psychology interns, and postdoctoral fellows.
Our success in each of these areas is dependent upon an interactive community of clinicians, scientists and educators who bring diversity in background, experience, expertise and perspective to our mission.
An essential partner in this work is UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital, a national leader in innovative treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Moreover, Pitt Psychiatrys preeminent academic faculty of more than 200 members trained in multiple basic and clinical science disciplines is at the heart of our success in providing superior behavioral health care and in training the next generation of innovative researchers and clinicians.
Areas of Research
How to Apply
Please apply by going to , searching job code 22004216 in the keyword search, and submitting your materials through our Pitt system.