Assistant Professor of Psychiatry (Child Mental Health)
University of Pittsburgh, Department of Psychiatry
Pittsburgh, United States
The and the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center ( ) are seeking MD, PhD, or MD/PhD researchers for full-time faculty positions investigating child mood disorders. Positions are available at the assistant professor level.
Growth is sought in both preclinical and clinical approaches to child mood disorders, consequently, multiple positions are available. Primary selection criteria are history of productivity and ability to enhance an interactive and dynamic child mood disorders research community within and across departments in the greater Pittsburgh academic environment. Primarily, the search committee will look for:
- Success in authoring papers published in refereed journals. These may include original research and review articles. The quality of the journals themselves and the position of authorship will also be considered.
- Success in securing federal funding from the National Institutes of Health (NIH). However, success in obtaining funding from other sources (such as state and foundation funding) will also be considered.
- Presentations of research and/or scholarly material and published abstracts associated with professional or scientific meetings.
Successful candidates will join a vibrant and highly interactive research community with a long history of excellence in basic, translational and clinical research. The Department of Psychiatry is prepared to invest substantial resources to ensure success.Qualifications:
- MD in Psychiatry or Neurology/PhD in Psychology, Neuroscience or related field
- Success in authoring original research and review articles in refereed journals. The quality of the journals themselves and the position of authorship will be considered.
- Success in securing federal funding from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) or other sources (such as state and foundation funding).
- Demonstrated research skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Flexibility and ability to work in a rapidly changing/growing educational institution
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity, EOE, including disability/veterans.
About the employer
At the University of Pittsburgh Department of Psychiatry, we excel in our mission to:
- provide superb behavioral health services to our patients and their families;
- pursue the development of better diagnostic techniques and therapeutic interventions through innovative research;
- provide a stimulating learning environment for medical and graduate students, residents, psychology interns, and postdoctoral fellows.
Our success in each of these areas is dependent upon an interactive community of clinicians, scientists and educators who bring diversity in background, experience, expertise and perspective to our mission.
An essential partner in this work is UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital, a national leader in innovative treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Moreover, Pitt Psychiatrys preeminent academic faculty of more than 200 members trained in multiple basic and clinical science disciplines is at the heart of our success in providing superior behavioral health care and in training the next generation of innovative researchers and clinicians.
Areas of Research
How to Apply
Please apply by going to , searching job code 21004027 in the keyword search, and submitting your materials through our Pitt system.