*T**allahassee Community Co**llege* is a dynamic and growing comprehensive community college located in Tallahassee, Florida. The College's 2021 fall enrollment of more than 10,000 students includes nearly 44 percent minority students. The College enjoys a strong reputation for teaching excellence and for producing graduates with Associate in Arts degrees, Associate in Science degrees, and college credit certificates. Tallahassee is also home to two state universities, Florida State University and Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University. TCC partners with both universities and with a number of private higher education institutions to afford greater opportunities for all students, faculty, and surrounding communities. TCC also partners with area businesses and organizations to meet local workforce needs.
Faculty responsibilities include instruction, curriculum, service and support of college policies and procedures, and professional development. Starting salaries for instructional faculty positions are competitive.
*SURGICAL TECHNOLOGY ASSISTANT PROFESSOR *
*Minimum Qualifications:* minimum of an Associate degree in Surgical Services or a related field, Baccalaureate degree or higher preferred; must be a Certified Surgical Technologist (CST), credentialed by a nationally recognized accrediting body with a minimum of two years of current operating room experience in the scrub role or two years of current experience as an instructor in surgical technology.
* Complete the online TCC application for the position(s) of interest.
* The following documents are *required *when completing the online application:
* *Resume/CV *
* *Cover Letter, addressing:*
* Commitment to student retention, success and completion.
* Commitment to development and assessment of student learning.
* Use of technology and innovative approaches to enhance teaching and learning, including online learning and alternative delivery systems.
* Willingness to support a diverse population of learners inside and beyond the classroom.
* Ability to work in a participatory and collegial setting
* *Unofficial transcript(s) of all relevant college coursework.*
* *Teaching Philosophy*
*Applicants currently enrolled as graduate students who anticipate completing their course of study *May 31, 2022* are encouraged to apply, but must submit from the dean of their school their current standing and anticipated program completion date in addition to the required documents listed above.
The application review process will begin *May 16,2022* and will remain open until all vacancies have been filled.