Visiting Faculty Position - Interior Architecture
Chatham University welcomes applications for the position of Visiting Faculty - Interior Architecture.
Our Interior Architecture programs feature a well-rounded design education that features three pillars of focus: Sustainability, Social Justice and Universal Design. We are looking for this position to instruct interior architecture courses.
Chatham University strives to promote a campus environment that understands and embraces multiculturalism while increasing individuals' intercultural competence. We actively work to build and sustain a diverse and culturally vibrant campus, which promotes employee and student success and retention.Position Summary:
This twelve-month visiting faculty position includes teaching at the undergraduate and graduate level, in the field of interior design. The position start date is July 1, 2022 and will have a teaching load of 24 credits spread across the academic year.
Founded in 1869, Chatham University is an all-gender institution with an enrollment of over 2,200 students and over 60 undergraduate and graduate programs in our areas of excellence: sustainability; health & lab sciences; business & communication; and the arts & humanities. The Interior Architecture Programs are offered at the undergraduate and graduate levels and feature two Council for Interior Design (CIDA) accredited programs. Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for teaching in the Interior Architecture Programs. In this role, you will be expected to participate in departmental meetings, select university trainings and other duties as assigned. You will also contribute to the CIDA accreditation process including archiving student work. As the Visiting Faculty, Interior Design, you may be called upon to participate in course, curriculum, and program assessment activities in each of the Interior Architecture Programs.Required Qualifications:
- A Master's degree or PhD in interior design, interior architecture, architecture (or related field).
- Able to provide examples that demonstrate your ability to effectively and collaboratively work on a team.
- Experience in teaching design studios and/or core interior design courses and at least two years of professional interior design or architecture experience.
- Able to provide examples that demonstrate your ability to support and contribute to a collegial and collaborative working environment in addition to possessing effective communication skills.
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Cloud, AutoCAD, Revit and Microsoft Office programs.
How to Apply:
- CIDA/FIDER accredited interior design degree or NAAB accredited architecture degree.
- Active National Council for Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ) certification or AIA/NCARB/RA or equivalent.
- Teaching experience in higher education, with list of courses taught and teaching scores
- Professional portfolio.
- Proven ability to teach hand drafting and drawing.
- Experience with graphic design.
- Healthcare design.
Interested candidates should visit www.chatham.edu/careers and follow the instructions to complete the application process.
To ensure full consideration, please submit:
- Cover letter addressing your qualifications for the position
- List of courses that you feel that you are qualified to teach based on the courses listed on our websites for the BIA & MIA programs.
- Contact information for three professional references
Candidates with a combination of academic and practical experience are particularly encouraged to apply.Deadline for applications is 11:59pm, May 20, 2022. All documents should be uploaded at the same time at the time of application.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity. Persons of color, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. Chatham University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, or national origin. Job Posted by ApplicantPro