PLEASE NOTE: This is an individual contributor role At GSK Consumer Healthcare we are on a mission to deliver everyday health with humanity. Are you ready:
- to join a growing packaging team
- to help innovate the future of R&D packaging?
- to apply your natural passion for packaging to improve the consumer experience?
- to drive strong business results through sustainable innovation?
- to accelerate your R&D career tackling one of the most strategic and visible challenges facing brand-owning companies around the world?
North America is a strategic market for the consumer healthcare business and we are growing our R&D packaging team to improve the lives of our consumers. Our portfolio consists of global and local brands such as Centrum, Sensodyne, Advil, Preparation H, Benefiber, Robitussin, Theraflu, Flonase, Tums and Chapstick
. Our mission is to deliver sustainable packaging innovation to help drive brand growth and consumer satisfaction.
This R&D Packaging Manager North America
supports business objectives through delivery of packaging innovations in collaboration with partner functions and leveraging the external ecosystem. Key responsibilities for this role include:
Key requirements to be successful in this role include:
- Lead multiple projects for the North America business unit with varied levels of complexity and confidently. Represent R&D Packaging in key internal meetings to provide subject matter expertise for decision making.
- Engagement with partner functions and stakeholders in R&D, Marketing and Supply Chain to define clear objectives, prioritization and resource planning.
- Be brand savvy and consumer obsessed in leveraging new technologies to elevate user experience through innovative and sustainable packaging solutions.
- Collaborate with external partners (suppliers, academia) to develop best in class innovation for the brands, and drive awareness of competitor packaging activities to identify improvements and innovation opportunities for North America business.
- Continually develop knowledge in new areas of packaging and look for innovative and better ways of working by eliminating non-value-added activities and improve efficiency.
- Continually develop and leverage knowledge in sustainability trends, recycling technologies and local/national/regional recyclability regulations.
- Strong technical expertise in the field of packaging materials and sustainability, formats and applications
- Passion to innovate and execute with excellence; be a change agent and challenge the status quo
- Strong personal drive with a passion to make the difference in the lives of consumers
- Drive to continuously learn; find new ways to deliver packaging excitement with our consumers
- Agility in adapting to change in a fast-paced environment
Why you?Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Packaging, Chemical or Mechanical), or Science (Material Science, Polymer Chemistry or related fields)
- 7 + years of relevant R&D packaging experience in FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) or Pharmaceuticals
- Experience with, and technical understanding of, the requirements to deliver packaging innovation to the marketplace
- Experience in developing and commercializing multiple packaging technologies: films, sachets, pouches, rigid containers, closures and folding cartons.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Master's degree in Engineering (Packaging, Chemical or Mechanical), or Science (Material Science, Polymer Chemistry or related fields)
- R&D packaging experience
- Experienced in collaborating with partner functions in R&D, Marketing and Supply Chain on the requirements of packaging development and related processes
- Experience in leading end to end complex projects for local or global consumer brands
- Ability to solve technical and operational problems with a scientific approach
- Knowledge of emerging technologies and policies (environmental, safety and regulatory) related to packaging
- Skilled in building and maintaining strong external network with key business partners and industry associations.
- Knowledge in medical devices and regulated OTC packaging is preferred
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.