As a QC Associate Scientist you would be responsible for testing drug product and drug substance samples for release and stability as well as sample, test, and release raw materials for production use.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
Why you?Basic Qualifications:
- Perform and may train others on physical testing of laboratory samples (raw materials, drug product, drug substance, in-process, water, etc) utilizing various chemical and biochemical techniques including Separations and Compendial
- Prepare laboratory samples for analysis and prepares laboratory standards and solutions.
- Perform sampling and laboratory testing (instrumental and wet chemistry or microbiological) of raw materials for quality disposition in support of manufacturing operations, technical transfers, and special studies within the product supply chain.
- Manage samples and associated documentation for duration of sample lifecycle, both physically and electronically.
- Participate in laboratory investigations.
- Author, review, and revise SOP's and support Electronic Notebook template development (testing electronic lab notebook templates, etc)
- May review and approve laboratory data.
- Performs routine departmental GMP activities (lab instrument calibrations, preventive maintenance, audits, work orders, etc)
- Support analytical and instrument lifecycle, technical transfer, and/or validation
- Laboratory upkeep and maintenance (5S, routine equipment/glassware cleaning, etc)
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- 2 years college in related area such as Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology, or science related field OR 5 years work experience in leu of education
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Biopharmaceutical testing experience is preferred, ability to learn various techniques and assays. Assays include (but not limited to) - pH, Appearance, Osmolality, Moisture, HPLC/UPLC, Colorimetric Titrations, FTIR, TOC, Conductivity, Wet Chemistry.
- Sampling of Raw Materials in an ISO8 certified room.
- System experience preferred - SAP/ERP, LES, Webstatistica, Empower, analytical instrument software (softmax, etc)
- Experience with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Basic understanding of cGXP, and data integrity guidelines
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader inConsumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the biggestchanges we've made to our business in over 20 years.We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022:New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and geneticsscience; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of diseasetogether - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; andas a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culturethat isambitious for patients- so we deliver what matters better and faster;accountable for impact- with clear ownership ofgoals and support to succeed; andwhere we do the right thing. So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at thisexciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.