Are you energized by the making scientists life easier? Are you interested in creating data pipelines from source to visualization to facilitate data use and reuse and allow critical decisions to be made easier? If so, this Technology Systems Delivery Specialist (APPM) opportunity could be an exciting opportunity to consider.Job Purpose
As Technology Systems Delivery Specialist in APPM you will be responsible for creating end-to-end data pipelines and visualizations from instrument to visualization using the latest tools while working with internal scientific partners and developing new ways of working. Details
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following…
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
- Work in cross-functional teams and working groups to define, create, manage, and improve the end-to-end flow of data from instrument to visualization used across the MDS scientific workflows
- Manipulate data from diverse workflows including data cleaning, wrangling, curation, integration and visualization
- Ensure that internal equipment settings are harmonized and maintained for intended use and that users are trained accordingly
- Work as a representative across multiple diverse groups to ensure harmonization of data collection and retention
- Liaise with technique-specific SMEs to understand current data workflows and implement new data processes.
- Evaluate and integrate new analytical technology systems and/or software into the business
- Be responsible for the technical support, transfer, implementation, and/or management of data pipeline and visualization solutions and their associated processes
- To develop a strong understanding and relationships of GSK business areas and stakeholders respectively in order to identify and deliver opportunities to solve unmet needs
- Work closely with the Scientists and Tech to implement and improve ways of working and processes
- Work closely with internal and external collaborators
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- BSc in Analytical/Biochemistry/Chemistry, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent with 2+ years' experience working in a pharmaceutical, biopharm, or product development environment
- 6mo -1year experience Analytics software and tools (e.g., Spotfire, Power Bi, LIMS, eLNs)
- 6mo-1 year experience with at least one programming Language (e.g. C#, Java, Python, etc.)
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Advanced degree in Analytical/Bio Chemistry, Biotechnology, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent with 2+ years' experience working in a pharmaceuticals, biopharm, or product development environment
- Exceptional people skills including organizational and communication skills (both written and oral), with the ability to liaise with colleagues and collaborators at all levels
- Good communication and presentation skills, ability to facilitate interfaces within extended network at different levels of the organization in a matrix environment.
- Strong desire to learn and develop new skills, Ability to build relationships
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and a pragmatic approach to problem solving
- The individual can work with minimal supervision
- Ability to apply knowledge to manage complex processes and systems in the pharmaceutical industry
- Hands-on experience identifying and implementing new technology solutions and workflows including, but not limited to configuration, troubleshooting, and support
- Experienced in leading improvement initiatives from inception through to completion involving both multi-disciplinary and geographically remote partners.
- Basic understanding of regulations including International Conference on Harmonization (ICH), and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader inConsumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the biggestchanges we've made to our business in over 20 years.We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022:
New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and geneticsscience; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of diseasetogether - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; andas a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culturethat isambitious for patients
- so we deliver what matters better and faster;accountable for impact
- with clear ownership ofgoals and support to succeed; andwhere we do the right thing
. So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at thisexciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.