Are you looking to enhance your bioanalytical expertise by working for a global pharmaceutical company that allows you to leverage best in class LC-MS systems and technologies? If so, this Bioanalytical Investigator role is the ideal opportunity for you. At our world-class scientific hub in Upper Providence, Pennsylvania, our Bioanalysis, Immunogenicity and Biomarkers (BIB) department currently has an exciting career opportunity for a talented individual with a passion for the analytical sciences and applying their skill set to addressing human disease.
As an Investigator within the LC-MS Bioanalysis group, you will be responsible for the development and validation of assays to deliver PK and other analytical endpoints for preclinical and clinical studies across the GSK portfolio. Data from this group is a key component to understanding molecules in the GSK pipeline, and serves to make early and informed decisions for asset progression within the organization.
This role will provide you the opportunity to lead key activities to progress your career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
- Responsible for developing LC-MS based bioanalytical assays to support pre-clinical and clinical studies; delivery of robust, high quality data packages
- Deliver, interpret and communicate complex scientific data to project/program teams in a timely manner by performing data analysis, record keeping and reporting of results to agreed timelines.
- Drive the implementation of novel LC-MS based bioanalytical strategies for the measurement and characterization of drug and metabolites in biological samples
- Contribute to departmental strategy and capital investment discussions.
- Act as a Principal Investigator for regulated toxicology and clinical studies
- Handling of human biological samples and performing experimental work in accordance with HBSM, safety and data integrity guidelines.
- Contribute to the development of innovative LC/MS platforms internally and externally through conferences, publications, and working groups
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related discipline, OR MS in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related discipline with 5+ years of pharmaceutical industry bioanalysis experience, OR BS in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related discipline with 10+ years of pharmaceutical industry bioanalysis experience.
- Intimate knowledge and hands on experience with development of mass spectrometry-based methods to measure analytes from biological matrices.
- Proven experience and ability to troubleshoot methodological issues.
- Excellent computer skills for communication and report writing.
- Experience with analysis and reporting of preclinical and clinical PK data.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements for GLP and GCP analytical activities.
- Experience as Principal Investigator on Regulated (GLP/GCP) Studies
- Experience utilizing laboratory information management systems for daily job functions.
- Strong record of publications and presentations in novel biological or analytical mass spectrometry methods and applications
- Willing and able to be a team player.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Open to new and emerging analytical technologies
- Highly motivated team player with a proactive attitude, excellent organizational skills, and a demonstrated ability to interact effectively within a multi-disciplinary team are essential.
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader inConsumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the biggestchanges we've made to our business in over 20 years.We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022:
New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and geneticsscience; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of diseasetogether - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; andas a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culturethat isambitious for patients
- so we deliver what matters better and faster;accountable for impact
- with clear ownership ofgoals and support to succeed; andwhere we do the right thing
. So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at thisexciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.*LI-GSK
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.